Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

too much value?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> too much value? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
too much value? - 5/11/2021 8:12:56 PM   
CanInf

I am an avid if woefully imperfect player of WiF. I am sure by now my per hour cost of playing this game is now measured in cents in the single digits. I just wanted to say thank you to the people who made this possible. I have received greater value and fun out of my purchase than any other game. I feel like I have been cheating Matrix.
Post #: 1
RE: too much value? - 5/11/2021 9:19:03 PM   
Bamilus

Im glad cause me and a bunch of other people paid $100 for basically an alpha game that lacked many of the features promised at launch (or shortly after launch). This game will forever be in perma-early access but glad some people have managed to gotten some value out of it. For me it's simply not worth the time or effort given the large amount of bugs and missing features nearly 8 years later. Matrix should just be fortunate I'm still a customer after this debacle.

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to CanInf)
Post #: 2
RE: too much value? - 5/12/2021 12:49:12 AM   
ViktorKormel

I agree with CanInf, it is incomplete, it is unperfect but I have enjoyed it a lot of hours, recovering one of my favourite games, playing complete games (never I did with the boardgame) and lastly making mods, what if games and changing things that never liked from the original game. The features not yet in the game are not important for me, except the non agression pact between Urss and Japan an the most of bugs, with a little edition, patience and knowing the rules are easily solved.This game, no doubt, is one of my best investments.

What if if what if

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 3
RE: too much value? - 5/12/2021 10:32:36 AM   
juntoalmar

I have to agree as well. Most of the wargames I have bought in the last 30 years I have played less than 5 times. MWiF, with all its problems, has been the best experience I have had with hundreds of hours of play. Probably I've paid a few cents/hours, so a great purchase overall.

(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/

(in reply to ViktorKormel)
Post #: 4
RE: too much value? - 5/12/2021 12:50:02 PM   
alexvand

I also agree. I'm into the pennies per hour on this game even though I paid full price right away. I have no regrets and hope that Steve keeps working away at it.

(in reply to juntoalmar)
Post #: 5
RE: too much value? - 5/12/2021 5:04:07 PM   
Joseignacio

If I counted the happiness that being able to play my favourite game "normally" even with bugs and CTDs and desyncs... with all the agility and swiftness due to all the phases being indicated and the possibilities offered inmediately, ..., I do not regret spending even the original price.

When I see in retrospective the 15 years of pain and broken hopes, and I see how the effort is now dedicated to other matters than having the game working up to spectatives, I wish I had not known of the project. Ir sums negative. I understand it may be different to those joining and still with hopes or those so desperate to play wif online that they dont care about missing optionals, scenarios, netplay not working right, hangs, and so on and manage to play somehow sharing screens. I hoped for something better than this, basing in the promised features.

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 5/12/2021 5:06:42 PM >

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 6
RE: too much value? - 5/12/2021 6:47:37 PM   
Mayhemizer_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: alexvand

I also agree. I'm into the pennies per hour on this game even though I paid full price right away. I have no regrets and hope that Steve keeps working away at it.

+1

If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law

(in reply to alexvand)
Post #: 7
RE: too much value? - 5/13/2021 12:33:37 PM   
eouellet

+2

(in reply to Mayhemizer_slith)
Post #: 8
RE: too much value? - 5/13/2021 12:44:28 PM   
Centuur

+3

Peter

(in reply to eouellet)
Post #: 9
RE: too much value? - 5/13/2021 5:54:14 PM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bamilus
Im glad cause me and a bunch of other people paid $100 for basically an alpha game that lacked many of the features promised at launch (or shortly after launch).

+1 Worst game purchase I ever made, for sure. I bought it for the half map scenarios which were promised "shortly" after release . Eight years later...

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 10
RE: too much value? - 5/13/2021 6:10:37 PM   
craigbear

+4 a lot of fun. Just wish I had a life that allowed multi-player.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 11
RE: too much value? - 5/16/2021 2:50:59 AM   
Bamilus

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bamilus
Im glad cause me and a bunch of other people paid $100 for basically an alpha game that lacked many of the features promised at launch (or shortly after launch).

+1 Worst game purchase I ever made, for sure. I bought it for the half map scenarios which were promised "shortly" after release . Eight years later...

It'll come out when the AI comes out

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> too much value? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI