Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do I get my oil and raw up. AI thrashing me.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> How do I get my oil and raw up. AI thrashing me. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I get my oil and raw up. AI thrashing me. - 12/27/2017 1:50:25 PM   
altipueri

When I play it is usually the original AT. Time to try ATG again.

I tried a couple of New Dawn, mirrorish, one city starts and even though I have about half the resources at the beginning and haven't lost any territory, after a few turns the AI is out producing me by miles (or tons and barrels I suppose) :)

I'm killing the AI hordes at about 2:1 but I'm being overwhelmed.
Post #: 1
RE: How do I get my oil and raw up. AI thrashing me. - 12/27/2017 6:19:44 PM   
Twotribes

Engineers and Political points to raise Oil and Raw sites they go to level 3

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I get my oil and raw up. AI thrashing me. - 12/27/2017 7:18:15 PM   
altipueri

Do I move engineers to the site and build something?
I have loads of political points because I left a town producing them.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I get my oil and raw up. AI thrashing me. - 12/27/2017 7:35:11 PM   
Twotribes

Yes move engineers to the site and it will let you build the site.

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 4
RE: How do I get my oil and raw up. AI thrashing me. - 12/28/2017 12:05:30 AM   
altipueri

Great, done much better thanks. This game really is a "just one more turn" addiction - and now it is one in the morning and I've been playing five hours.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 5
RE: How do I get my oil and raw up. AI thrashing me. - 12/29/2017 1:22:19 PM   
Josh

I usually build engineerunits consisting of 40-50 engineers. And some horses for movement. They are the key in most of my games, for upgrading and building rpads, bunkers, airfields, etc. Oh and harbours too you know for amphibious landings.

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 6
RE: How do I get my oil and raw up. AI thrashing me. - 12/29/2017 2:08:30 PM   
altipueri

How are power points calculated?

I was killing 2:1 and matching production, but now my power is half the AI and kill ratio is nearer 1:1.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 7
RE: How do I get my oil and raw up. AI thrashing me. - 12/29/2017 3:12:40 PM   
ernieschwitz

Power points are a stat assigned to the Subformation type (or equipment if you will) that it is. For instance 1 rifle is 1 power point. Usually they correspond to the number on the counter. However things like experience can increase or decrease it... (the number on the counter).

There is no way in game for a subformation to gain Power Points or lose them. They can btw be seen on the subformation details screen in the combat menu for each individual subformation.

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 8
RE: How do I get my oil and raw up. AI thrashing me. - 12/30/2017 3:42:56 AM   
Zaratoughda

I build 40 engineers on turn 1 and 2 trains (two 20 engineer units), with the latter coming in turn 2 if my capital city is a port and I build ships on turn 1. If I build fighters then my resource buildup is delayed but otherwise that is the critical part of the early game. Need like 200 in raw and as much as possible in oil so that is the primary goal early on. Unless I get attacked and have to defend myself, I just keep building up my resources, with more engineers coming typically.

Once war starts it is armored cars and artillery, and the AI cannot stand up to that, except you have to watch out for anti-tank weapons. If the game runs long enough, it is time to replace the armored cars with medium tanks (level 3) and they are unstoppable against the AI.

With this approach I typically run into situations where I am running out of oil every turn. Not much I can do about this, with all my oil up to level 3, but it just delays the inevitable.

If I get a situation where my cities are on a different continent and an AI is already there, or have very poor resources, or I get attacked by like 3 AI at the same time, that is when I typically lose. A matter of the 'luck of the draw', or lack thereof.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> How do I get my oil and raw up. AI thrashing me. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI