Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New PLayer! how do i make my units 'hold fire'?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> New PLayer! how do i make my units 'hold fire'? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New PLayer! how do i make my units 'hold fire'? - 12/29/2017 11:11:36 PM   
Marc1314

I've had the game for a couple of days and starting to get to grips with it.
I see that there is no hold fire command so can some one explain for me how the game mechanics work regarding whether my unit decides to either fire at the enemy (and give away its position) or try and stay hidden until a better opportunity presents itself.
So far i find that my units like to open fire too eagerly.

i was trying to find some some info about it earlier and i found talk of a proposed feature of a 2.1 release (from 2013) which would let me do this. As you are finished updating FCRS and it never reached v2.1 does that mean it will be going into Southern Storm?

cheers
Marc
Post #: 1
RE: New PLayer! how do i make my units 'hold fire'? - 12/31/2017 5:26:15 PM   
CapnDarwin

Marc,

There is no hold fire command in Red Storm. The units will engage based on the situation, threat detection, and ability to kill targets. Infantry and light units in cities or woods will hold fire to a tighter range to avoid detection and to have a better chance at killing approaching units. If you want to reduce the likely hood of early shots you can position units such that their LOS to approaching enemies is reduced or his them deeper in cover and have them move forward to engage when its time. Dealing with command delays makes setting things up that much dicier.

In Southern Storm (currently in development), we are planning to add some additional SOP controls so you can set some ranges for fire and scoot. There will still be a chance they will engage if shot at or if priority targets are seen. A lot of that will be a function of soft factors like training, readiness, and morale.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to Marc1314)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> New PLayer! how do i make my units 'hold fire'? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI