Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TANKHEAD'S SPWaW RESOURCES! UPDATES!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> TANKHEAD'S SPWaW RESOURCES! UPDATES!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TANKHEAD'S SPWaW RESOURCES! UPDATES!! - 5/30/2001 4:59:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hello Everyone! Sorry for the delay in updating my site with the new goddies that folks had sent me, I had a major hard drive melt down and took a while to get 15 gigs of software install and all my back up data I have a bit more to do but everything is coming good. I have 4 new scenarios for download 2 from the Master Wild Bill Wilder and one from Aniway SPWaW Team and finally one from Mark C. McIntosh. I also have a new Brigade Size # 3 100*240 Map from Jack Dionne. For those of you who had sent me Heroes I will have them up in a few days and a few other tid bits :-). Scenarios from Wild Bill Wilder THE HORRORS OF WAR National Spanish Advance vs. Republican Spanish Delay Bilbao, Spain, June 11, 1937 Turns:15 Design: Wild Bill Wilder The city of Bilbao, Spain, was considered a priority target by General Franco in his plans of conquest. It was the first step in a series of conquests designed to topple the Republican regime. When one of the top ranking Generals of the Nationalists was killed in a plane crash, Franco himself took over the offensive with a new twist. The Republicans of Bilbao considered themselves protected by an "iron ring" of defenses and unconquerable. Franco's drastic actions would violently change all of that. Initiating a "blitzkrieg" style of attack, Franco had the city hammered with heavy artillery barrages, followed by devastating air attacks. Young Luftwaffe pilots, anxious to hone their skills, leveled much of the city and created chaos among the military and civilian population. The "Iron Ring" first bent then broke under the merciless onslaught. The assault folowing the air attack was executed by the 112th Battalion Dominguez. Though suffering terrible losses, the Nationals pressed hard. They proved to be too much for the Republican forces, who abandoned the city. The stench of dead civilians killed in the bombing raids was suffocating. The entire macabre scene was later recreated by Pablo Picasso on canvas and became classic art. It was titled, "The Horrors of War." The work immortalized the battle for Bilbao. Wild Bill's Raiders A LEGEND IS BORN Meeting Engagement Nicagaraguan Guardia Nacional vs. Los Rebeldes San Antonio, February 20, 1930 Turns: 8 Scenario Design: Wild Bill Wilder billw@matrixgames.com Scenario Notes: The Nicaraguan troops are represented by the US flag; the Sandinista Rebels by the USSR flag. The Mule trains are costly to lose for the Government troops. They must be protected. Historical Background A young Marine Captain found himself in the sweltering climate of one of the more violent of the countries of Central America on a mission of pacification and training. Captain Lewis ("Chesty") Puller wasted no time in gaining renown as a tough Guerrilla fighter. On a mission to carry weapons and supplies to the garrison in Jinotega, Puller's column is set upon by Rebel Sandinista troops as they near the bridge across the river. Wild Bill's Raiders Acknowledgement is given to "Marine" by Burke Davis for his description of this action. Scenario from Aniway SPWaW Team Battle of Murronkallio Assault Finland vs USSR Summa, Finland (December 23rd 1939) Turns: 30 Author: Aniway SPWAW-team aniway@aniway.fi Note: The human should play the Finnish side with all settings turned on. You can play with Command/Control ON if you want. This is the first scenario of Aniway SPWAW team. 12/23/1939: First counterattack against russians is ordered in Summa by the Finnish Highcommand. The objective of this assault is to render the enemy incapable by destroying their morale, rather than annihilating them totally. DIRECT ORDERS from HQ: Russians are threatening our left flank. Your mission is to launch a first wave of attack (with III/JR17 and I/JR18 infantry regiments) against Murronkallio. Our recon patrols have encountered light rifle fire resistance. Next chapter is a spoiler. DO NOT read it if you do not want to know the outcome of battle!. What happened in real-life: "Col. Heiskanen decided to break the enemy resistance in Murronkallio, which was threatening JR 17's left flank. The I/JR 18 was attached to his regiment (III/JR 17) and he directed the attack against Murronkallio. The attack failed under the heavy fire of multiple artillery pieces used in direct fire, and scores of machine guns. By 1400 hrs it became evident that the defenses in Murronkallio could not be broken with the forces now committed. No further attempts were made." - Quote from www.winterwar.com (Thanks for Sami Korhonen for his excellent WWW-site!) Send us email if you want the Aniway SPWAW-team to produce more scenarios. Mailto: aniway@aniway.fi Scenario from Mark C. McIntosh Buying Time The Bloody 110th at Marnach German Assault vs US Defend Marnach, Northern Luxembourg 1800 December 16, 1944 Turns: 24 Design: Mark C. McIntosh E-Mail: mcmcintosh@worldnet.att.net Standing between Col. von Lauchert's 2nd Panzer Division and the vital crossings over the Clerf River, was Company B of Lt.Col Paul's 1st Battalion, 110th Infantry Regiment. The 2nd Panzer's initial assaults for Hitler's ill-fated gamble in the Ardennes failed to clear Marnach and now, with the bridge finally open to the rear at Dasburg, the Division's heavy equipment can start moving up. Impatient with the delay, the Division's commander ordered the 38th Panzer Pioneer Battalion and the II/304 Panzer Grenadier Regiment to renew their effort at dusk. Leading elements of the 2nd Panzer Reconaissance Battalion will be reinforcing the assault as soon as they arrive. The Division is already behind schedule thanks to the stubborn resistance put up by the 'Pennsylvania Gentleman' defending Marnach. Historically, B Company's last transmission was at dusk after reporting the sound of halftracks getting closer to their positions. They held the 2nd Panzer Division at bay for almost 18 hours before being overrun. Their sacrifice, as well as the rest of the 110th Infantry Regiment along 'Skyline Drive', bought precious time for the Allied reinforcement of Bastogne. Sources Hitler's Last Gamble, Dupuy The Ardennes Offensive V Panzer Armee, Quarrie The Ardennes Offensive US VII and VIII Corps, Quarrie Eisenhower's Lieutenants, Weigley I hope you enjoy the new scenarios and thank you for your great support. :D Tankhead [ May 29, 2001: Message edited by: Tankhead ]

Tankhead

Post #: 1
- 5/30/2001 6:28:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Looks like some great stuff there, Tankhead! As always, you keep us well fed with new stuff. Guns without ammunition are of little value. So are games with the battles to play in them. For the maps, updates, scenarios and all you do to make the game better, my sincere thanks. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 2
- 5/30/2001 7:08:00 AM   
Don

I tested Mark's "Bloody 110th" scenario - you'll like it! :D

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 3
- 5/30/2001 8:10:00 AM   
Figmo

Thanks Tankhead!! WOW - so much great stuff - and just not enough hours in the day to play. Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 4
- 5/30/2001 10:03:00 AM   
Tankhead

Thanks a lot guys it is my pleasure, I hope you enjoy the new goddies. Heya Figmo I'm still working on that 24 hour a day bug but it is a hard bug to crack ROTFL :D Tankhead

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 5
- 5/30/2001 10:22:00 AM   
Warrior

Just went looking, didn't find the Finnish scenario.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 6
- 5/30/2001 10:37:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hi REFM Just go to the scenarios Page and you will see a small menue click on it and all the names of the scenario designers will show up scroll down to the bottom of the small menue and click on Aniway SPWaW Team and it will bring you right to the page. Make sure you have Java enable in your browser option. If you still can't find it let me know and I will e-mail it to you. Tankhead
quote:

Originally posted by REMF: Just went looking, didn't find the Finnish scenario.

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 7
- 5/30/2001 11:00:00 AM   
Warrior

Got it! (and a few others I don't think I have) I didn't wait for the menu to load before.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 8
- 5/30/2001 5:32:00 PM   
Figmo

quote:

Originally posted by Tankhead: Thanks a lot guys it is my pleasure, I hope you enjoy the new goddies. Heya Figmo I'm still working on that 24 hour a day bug but it is a hard bug to crack ROTFL :D Tankhead
LOL - keep working on it!! :cool: Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 9
- 5/31/2001 11:41:00 AM   
Tankhead

Just a bump up to refresh. Tankhead

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 10
- 5/31/2001 9:16:00 PM   
steel

Again marvellous scenario and map. Thanks Tankhead. Steel :p

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 11
- 6/1/2001 8:42:00 AM   
Tankhead

Thanks for the kind words Steel :D and a big thanks to the authors of the scenarios and maps. Tankhead
quote:

Originally posted by steel: Again marvellous scenario and map. Thanks Tankhead. Steel :p

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 12
- 6/3/2001 1:37:00 AM   
RockinHarry

Thanks Rick,..just found the new goodies. Especially "maleme" scenario sounds interesting. ________ Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> TANKHEAD'S SPWaW RESOURCES! UPDATES!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI