Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air force unit size and Stuka cheat unit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> Air force unit size and Stuka cheat unit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air force unit size and Stuka cheat unit - 5/18/2018 6:53:43 PM   
AngrySwan

Air force strength

As far as I see in game, the size of German air units in game is as follows:

- division/Geschwader - a brigade in game
- regiment/Gruppe - a regiment in game
- squadron/Staffel- a battalion in game

What is an air force division then? Is it a division/Geschwader in its full theoretical strength, or several divisions/Geschwaders?

Stukas in the East

In the historical OOB there are 3 Stuka groups - No. 1, 2 and 77. since there are some bomber units that do not show in game due to limited number of unit slots, I am playing with these bomber units:

- 3 regiments of Ju 88 in AG North sector, representing KG 76,
- in the original AA campaign there was a group ZG 26 in AG Center sector, but those were Bf 110s so I renamed Ju 88 to KG 3 and He 111 to KG 53, and bought ZG 26 as a reinforcement,
- 2 brigades of Ju 88 (KG 51 and 54) and 1 brigade of He 111 (KG 55) in AG Anotnescu sector,
- 1 brigade of He 111 (KG 27) in AG Antonescu sector.

Is it a cheat to have just one Stuka division representing all Stukas in the east? How to get a super Stuka - take KG 55 from AG South, which already has an antitank upgrade, then get one more, then upgrade it to a Stuka division. An expensive toy but also a dangerous weapon in the right hands. At leasst I have not exceeded the historical strength of Stukas on the Eastern front.
Post #: 1
RE: Air force unit size and Stuka cheat unit - 5/21/2018 4:28:57 PM   
klhbekool

I will try that.

KLH

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 2
RE: Air force unit size and Stuka cheat unit - 11/5/2018 4:09:41 PM   
AngrySwan

It turns out this unit is cheaper than two separate Stuka brigades so there is a chance to save resources. It is also strong and very rarely takes damage.

I usually give another dive bomber squadron to KG 55 in Lwow battle so KG 55 has two by the end of Lwow battle. Before Uman it is upgraded to a Stuka brigade with tank attack value of 33. This Stuka brigade stays with AG South and goes to Kiev, Melitopol and Rostov. But there is a chance to use this Stuka force in more battles - Lwow, Uman, Kiev, Wjasma, Mozhaisk and Moscow. Since it does a lot of bombing maybe one time I will have a unit with five extensions?

As the Soviets do not have air force in Melitopol battle, it is more logical to use 2 Ju 88, 1 He 111 and 1 Bf 109 rather than 3 Bf 109 and 1 Stuka. The mission is 8 moves long and there are no airfields, so the Stuka just makes 2 attacks and then sits idle for 6 days - not much of a battle. It is better to send the Stuka to Wjasma and Mozhaisk which gives it a chance to make 5 airstrikes in Wjasma battle, some more in Mozhaisk battle (unless it rains for a week) and Moscow battle is 21 days long, giving the Stuka an opportunity to make 11 airstrikes (in fact there will be less because of snowfalls and the undefeated Soviet fighters in the first days).

Also the air force of AGS can make 11 airstrikes with 3 planes instead of 2 airstrikes with one Stuka and then go to Rostov.

< Message edited by AngrySwan -- 11/8/2018 11:18:19 AM >

(in reply to klhbekool)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> Air force unit size and Stuka cheat unit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI