Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any New News Updates??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Any New News Updates?? Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any New News Updates?? - 6/17/2018 12:16:56 AM   
GrdAdmiral

Any new news stories, screenshots, or videos? Any chance that you can promote ranks like in Close Combat 3 The Russian Front? The higher rank, the more squads you can use are unlocked? That would work well since it’s a persistent force pool.
Post #: 1
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 6/24/2018 11:19:00 PM   
GrizzlyKt

any news please

(in reply to GrdAdmiral)
Post #: 2
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 6/25/2018 3:03:57 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

After the Alpha feedback the team are frantically working on a real Beta version to get people playing on. Unfortunately we can't unchain them to respond on the forums, as this has led to escape attempts in the past (and hence a progressively smaller team ).

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to GrizzlyKt)
Post #: 3
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 6/26/2018 11:51:23 PM   
bazza05

Can you give us a rough timeline on when the beta might launch?

B.

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 4
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 6/27/2018 3:18:02 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

Honestly, no. I could, but if we miss it we then get grief for promising something and not delivering.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to bazza05)
Post #: 5
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 6/28/2018 9:42:39 AM   
Destraex

An exact date is not necessary for me. But confidence in a release year would be great.

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 6
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 6/28/2018 10:35:40 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

Pip is right, I prefer do not know nothing than to know a date which it can be false. In the past, it was the big mistake from the game. However, now they are following the good path and everything will come when it be ready.

(in reply to Destraex)
Post #: 7
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 6/29/2018 12:18:38 AM   
chris_merchant

quote:

Unfortunately we can't unchain them to respond on the forums
Terrific race, the Romans...

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 8
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 6/29/2018 1:35:59 PM   
Destraex

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomada_Firefox

Pip is right, I prefer do not know nothing than to know a date which it can be false. In the past, it was the big mistake from the game. However, now they are following the good path and everything will come when it be ready.

Normada. How many games recently have become vapour ware that have silently slipped into obscurity? How many games get shelves half way through development with not a word from anybody?
This game has been in development for a long time and I am keen as mustard. Having a goal in my humble opinion is much better than simply leaving things open ended. Sure they may have an internal date. But their is nothing to motivate a team more than having a date public. Perhaps this is the problem. I don't want to see this fail but I do not want to see it slip into obscurity either. I also want to play it before I die.
I guess these days I am just tired of waiting for the ever longer dev cycles. Star Citizen being one of the most lengthy I have invested in. But their are many others that have small teams that never deliver or just cannot get the quality required today out and be successful. Developers, even small ones, tend to have to do engine conversions or updates half way through game cycles. How long has this one been in development?

< Message edited by Destraex -- 6/29/2018 1:39:44 PM >

Post #: 9
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 6/30/2018 2:14:39 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

How many games recently have become vapour ware that have silently slipped into obscurity? How many games get shelves half way through development with not a word from anybody?

Many but it is not the case. The game is at development and I am not worried by something as do not be finished. This game more or less were in development 4 years or more but they changed the engine one time because between other possible reasons, we, the game community wanted some which we could edit at 100%. With Archon we can, I have seen with my own eyes how you can add 3D models in this engine easily and all the other things can be edited a lot better than if the game had been made at Unity3D.

This additional work increased the release timings and now we must wait.

(in reply to Destraex)
Post #: 10
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 6/30/2018 11:32:51 PM   
Destraex

I understand the design decisions. The problem is that this planning should have been done properly from the start so no engine change was needed.
The best solution for me I guess is not to follow development and to consider more battlefront games and Art of Combat - Anzio 44 (which is looking very vapour ware as well). Maybe il2 Sturmoviks new tank simulator. I recently got tank
I guess, with friends at least. We will have to continue playing steel division. Warfare tunisia which seems ok as well. But what I really want is this :)

Post #: 11
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 7/1/2018 10:07:33 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

You are being very hard and non-sense for something which it was played yet by people out the development team and thanks to them the game is being more improved.

Now, I can easily wait because I know how the game is not vapour.

(in reply to Destraex)
Post #: 12
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 7/2/2018 11:11:13 AM   
Destraex

Maybe.

Post #: 13
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 7/5/2018 1:19:38 PM   
FroBodine

Not vapour? Four plus years with only a few screenshots to show says otherwise. I want to play this game as much as everyone else, but it's just not going to happen any time soon.

A status update quote from the developers in 2016:

Recently we have all been busy re-assessing the requirements for Close Combat (there will be more information on
this shortly) and this in turn has meant a complete schedule revision.

However, this process is now comple and The Bloody First is in full production and we plan to start beta testing
during January 2017 (and to release before the end of Q2 2017).

Anyway, things happen, so I shall end my negativity about this game here.

< Message edited by FroBodine -- 7/5/2018 1:25:35 PM >

(in reply to Destraex)
Post #: 14
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 7/6/2018 10:39:23 PM   
Bradley62

quote:

ORIGINAL: FroBodine
The Bloody First is in full production and we plan to start beta testing
during January 2017 (and to release before the end of Q2 2017).

YEAH

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 15
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 7/6/2018 11:33:11 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

Not vapour? Four plus years with only a few screenshots to show says otherwise. I want to play this game as much as everyone else, but it's just not going to happen any time soon.

Where have you been living? in a cave? The past months several reviews in many web sites were published, videos, screenshots and more.

Even an alpha version was started where some fortunate people could test it.

(in reply to FroBodine)
Post #: 16
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 7/6/2018 11:36:01 PM   
SchnelleMeyer

We all know 2017 Release didnt happen. - So what if the game is delayed. Go play the older releases in the mean time. Probably lots of gameplay hours still left in them for most of us.
The Bloody first entered Alpha testing during april and now the team works on fixing errors and finalizing stuff before Beta-testing opens:

quote:

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

The current plan is for a break in testing to allow us to work on feedback we have gotten, and to finalise the other features, prior to a beta phase. We don't have a date but the break it likely to be measured in months.

Cheers

Pip

(in reply to Bradley62)
Post #: 17
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 7/7/2018 7:30:20 PM   
thekromewolf

just let it be boys, they will get the job done, they probaly have a small dev team, how about this, as a community is there anything we can do to help? does anyone have any skills they could offer part time to help the team like texturing, making models or i dunno something that will help? :) i wish i had some experience in making games but i dont :/

(in reply to SchnelleMeyer)
Post #: 18
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 7/24/2018 10:42:40 PM   
GeeDub

My personal, humble opinion is that most posters don't have a clue as to what goes on behind the scenes in the development of a game such as this, all the coding, debuging, recoding, etc. Then the alpha testing, then recoding and debuging again. Then when they think it is ready, out for initial beta testing, and repeat the cycle again, and again until satisfied it is ready for release as the final product version 1.0.

These guys are most likely always working their tails off, and no one outside of that small group ever notices. All this appears to go for naught as the posters are pretty hard on the team.

Give them some breathing room. If you think you can do a better job, have at it, and good luck, you are going to need it.

Off my soap box now.

(in reply to thekromewolf)
Post #: 19
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 7/25/2018 10:21:28 PM   
CGGrognard

Totally agree!

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to GeeDub)
Post #: 20
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 7/27/2018 10:40:39 AM   
Destraex

quote:

ORIGINAL: GeeDub

My personal, humble opinion is that most posters don't have a clue as to what goes on behind the scenes in the development of a game such as this, all the coding, debuging, recoding, etc. Then the alpha testing, then recoding and debuging again. Then when they think it is ready, out for initial beta testing, and repeat the cycle again, and again until satisfied it is ready for release as the final product version 1.0.

These guys are most likely always working their tails off, and no one outside of that small group ever notices. All this appears to go for naught as the posters are pretty hard on the team.

Give them some breathing room. If you think you can do a better job, have at it, and good luck, you are going to need it.

Off my soap box now.

GeeDub I have been in more Alphas and Betas than I can remember over the last 20yrs (I was even in Eric Young's squad assault alpha way back when I thought it was going to replace combat mission and close combat). Some of them were debugging code and witnessing the development cycles. What is possible, how long it takes even with a small team and what is not. I have also done basic programming and scripting etc in my old job. I know what goes on under the hood of game development enough. People have high expectations from the close combat pedigree and there is no helping that. You cannot just expect people to be responsible for delays or the fact that the team is small when the game was announced so long ago. The reason I am acting the way I am is that I am so damned keen to play this game before I die. I guess I am used to early access happening within 6 months of announcement, I think this game was announced as being in development (albiet without a name yet) 4-5years ago? I am too entitled these days :)
Nobody detracted from the fact the team are working hard, possibly part time, full time, as a hobby in their spare time, project shelved for 12 months, been laid off and put back on the project or any other behind the scenes things we cannot possibly know. All we do know is that it is taking an unusually long time (maybe not as long as some like star citizen these days) and we want to play it. A long enough time to get us anxious and worried. Not just worried about the game coming out but it's quality after all this time and having to switch engines. You misinterpret my great interest and anxiousness for this game for an attack on the developers. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Coming to the defence of the developers and presuming that people like is understandable but also prevents in a lot of cases any constructive and truthful feedback being given. Becoming like a "yes man" if you will. The advisors whispering niceties and preventing any constructive comments coming in.

People are right though. I should just switch off until this game becomes a reality. But I love close combat. Always have. It has a good mix of wargame and excitement. These days it has a lot of competition though and I worry about it not being state of the art. Not wowing me. but being rather samish. I don't want my childhood destroyed :P

< Message edited by Destraex -- 7/27/2018 11:04:51 AM >

(in reply to GeeDub)
Post #: 21
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 7/28/2018 11:32:35 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

(I was even in Eric Young's squad assault alpha way back when I thought it was going to replace combat mission and close combat).

I find it funny because Eric Young's squad assault was a failure from the begining, it was a game made with the same engine than GICombat. I tested the first and I can tell you one difference between GICombat and Bloody First. In GICombat, they did not care the opinion from testers, the game had a bad gameplay from the begining, even strategy first producers knew how the game was bad but when the money was gone as they wanted sold something, they release the game with all the problems, ignoring everything.

It does not happen with Bloody First. They changed the engine when we told them how the Unity3D would be a problem with mods, of course probably they discovered how it would be bad for DLC made by people out the development team. And now we know how they are improving the game because they hear to the testers.

Very different from GI Combat and Squad Assault.

(in reply to Destraex)
Post #: 22
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 7/29/2018 8:41:15 AM   
Destraex

Actually I cannot remember whether it was GIcombat which I had forgotten about or squad assault.
Good to hear that they are listening to the testers. I am glad they are on the right path. Also good to see that good ole Firefox is on the job.

< Message edited by Destraex -- 7/29/2018 8:42:15 AM >

Post #: 23
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 7/29/2018 9:10:33 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

I have not said nothing about if I am in the test team or not.

(in reply to Destraex)
Post #: 24
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 8/2/2018 2:38:35 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris_merchant

quote:

Unfortunately we can't unchain them to respond on the forums
Terrific race, the Romans...

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to chris_merchant)
Post #: 25
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 8/3/2018 11:03:31 AM   
Edward75

Eagerly I'm looking forward to release of the game, but at same time I'm hanging up. Usually, 3D spoil strategic games.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 26
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 8/6/2018 1:16:40 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

Eagerly I'm looking forward to release of the game, but at same time I'm hanging up. Usually, 3D spoil strategic games.

People saying this, usually are living in the era from the jurassic computers and they do not know what they are saying.......

This is because you see 3D as one thing difficult, strange, which it can not look as a 2D, anyway, always thinking as games from 20 years ago..........

There is not reason for to create a 3D game looking as a 2D game with the addition from some new capabilities.

< Message edited by Nomada_Firefox -- 10/6/2018 9:32:48 AM >

(in reply to Edward75)
Post #: 27
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 8/25/2018 10:15:07 PM   
GrdAdmiral

Since its been a while, was just gonna see if any new interviews, vids or screenshots had been posted? I saw in the Facebook page an interview, but it keeps linking back to the old Polygon interview. Would love to see some videos from the Alpha or Beta of some match gameplay, if that kind of thing is allowed. After all, there is a four day holiday weekend next week for Labor Day in the USA. (^_^)

< Message edited by GrdAdmiral -- 8/25/2018 10:16:28 PM >

Post #: 28
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 10/5/2018 10:11:05 PM   
GrdAdmiral

Was following the facebook page for Close Combat. They keep saying they have updates, but then don’t post anything. Anyone have anything new? Status, either good or bad? Is the 2018 release even sustainable? Or is the game delayed?

(in reply to GrdAdmiral)
Post #: 29
RE: Any New News Updates?? - 10/6/2018 9:34:31 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

I do not see it in a 2018 release but I am sure how they are working hardly at create a game giving us the best CC experience.

(in reply to GrdAdmiral)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Any New News Updates?? Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI