Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

load out (optional) newbie

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> load out (optional) newbie Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
load out (optional) newbie - 7/19/2018 8:56:20 AM   
tonyscrase

included in the loadout for a corsair is 2 x AIM 9D SIDEWINDER (optional)

I go to the Ready/arm screen and press the button Ok - Ready (exclude optional weapons). But it does not seem to do anything

If i did get rid of optional weapons what is the advantage. Is it just greater range

THANK YOU
Post #: 1
RE: load out (optional) newbie - 7/19/2018 10:40:19 AM   
SeaQueen

While you might get a slight aircraft performance improvement, typically optional stores are relatively light, so they don't make a huge impact. Optional stores are usually things like air to air missiles in a strike oriented configuration. Excluding them means you might be able to accomplish your mission, but you might have less self protection capability. Depending on how you organized the strike, that might or might not matter. If you have plenty of other CAPs up there to protect the bomber train, or you are striking something relatively unprotected, you don't need to worry so much about protecting them. In that case, it just helps you conserve munitions.

(in reply to tonyscrase)
Post #: 2
RE: load out (optional) newbie - 7/19/2018 2:13:28 PM   
PN79

Excluding optional weapons can make sense if you have limited amount of let say the Sidewinders which you need to conserve for interceptors.

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 3
RE: load out (optional) newbie - 7/19/2018 9:30:45 PM   
Cik

if you have ample CAP assets but a limited number of AMRAAMs, it's often better to have heaters-only strikers and push your OCA out further, rather than be throughput limited and be unable to launch AAW assets for lack of missiles.

also it will give you a little more range and agility, for dodging those pesky missiles.

also if you have AMRAAM armed strikers and you don't think you are going to use them, remember that best case you lose 0 AMRAAMs- IE no strikers are shot down. if you lose strikers to SAMs, you lose the AMRAAMs from your magazines with them.

< Message edited by Cik -- 7/19/2018 9:32:55 PM >

(in reply to PN79)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> load out (optional) newbie Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI