Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about force size

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Question about force size Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about force size - 3/3/2018 3:01:42 PM   
JPFisher55

What is the maximum number of units, squads and vehicles, that a player can command in this game? I always thought that past Close Combat games did not permit
the player to command enough units.
Post #: 1
RE: Question about force size - 3/3/2018 3:52:16 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

ORIGINAL: JPFisher55

What is the maximum number of units, squads and vehicles, that a player can command in this game? I always thought that past Close Combat games did not permit
the player to command enough units.

In previus answers, it was not bigger than GTC. 21 can be? from my point of view for this amount of terrain, with maps very strech in the begining (a very good idea, similar to CC2), the amount of teams from screenshots is more than enough.

If you want a huge force, you can try other games more as a RTS, without any tactic and very subrealistic.;)

(in reply to JPFisher55)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about force size - 3/6/2018 8:45:48 AM   
Benedict151

Hello JPFisher55

Nomada is correct, the battlefield force size is the same as it was for Gateway to Caen (plus supporting assets such as artillery and aircraft)

With several firefights raging I find this more than enough to control ... but I confess my reactions and thought processes are not as fast as they once were!

regards
Ben Wilkins

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about force size - 3/7/2018 8:18:23 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

If anybody have doubts about if 21 teams are many or very few. Just look this image from the mini-map with 21 teams for each faction. In map with this size, they are even too much probably. More than enough for a complete super battle.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Benedict151)
Post #: 4
RE: Question about force size - 6/13/2018 6:40:24 PM   
CGGrognard

In recent past CC games, Panthers in the Fog and Gateway to Caen, you could load troops into a vehicle and or hook a gun up to a vehicle to move around.
Not that I used those features much for a number of reasons, but I’m wondering if that feature will be in this version The Bloody First? Overall I think it’s a neat feature but it basically took up platoon spots that could have been used for indirect fire support units, and took too much time and effort to tow a AT gun into position and then set it up. My impression is to keep the feature but don’t expect it to be used that often.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Question about force size Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI