Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Steel Panthers MBT V.2 out now

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Steel Panthers MBT V.2 out now Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Steel Panthers MBT V.2 out now - 6/7/2003 12:20:42 PM   
sandman20

If someone still plays this wonderful game, there's now a new version 2.0 available. Just follow the link.:) [URL=http://linetap.com/www/drg/SPCamo.htm]http://linetap.com/www/drg/SPCamo.htm[/URL]

Post #: 1
- 6/7/2003 12:39:30 PM   
stevemk1a

Cool ... I downloaded the patch earlier today. Canadian OOB's are finally included, and in celebration I took on the Russians in June of 1989 (hardliners last hurrah!) ... Grizzly Apc's are undergunned vs. the Soviet stuff, but with overwatch support from Leo 1's and close attack, my boys beat off the Red tide with hockey sticks and guts ... :D ... Great to see the Avro Arrow in there too !!! :D

(in reply to sandman20)
Post #: 2
- 6/7/2003 12:55:35 PM   
Rhodan

Were they able to fix that XP/GeForce2 MX problem yet? Anyone?

[img]http://www.geocities.com/katzzuck/VCFIREFLY.txt[/img]

(in reply to sandman20)
Post #: 3
- 6/7/2003 1:30:46 PM   
sandman20

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rhodan
[B]Were they able to fix that XP/GeForce2 MX problem yet? Anyone? [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope, at least I doubt so. You should buy a new card if you've GeForce2 :rolleyes:
Here's new additions and changes to V.2 straight from SPCAMO site:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPMBTv2 new additions and changes

Most OOB's have had numerous additions and adjustments and as well, 16 nations have been added ( Japan, Australia, Canada, Algeria, Thailand, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Cambodia, Croatia, Chad, Ethiopia, Sudan, Lebanon , Kenya, Indonesia, Malaysia and Somalia. )

40 new scenarios and 1 New Campaign have been added. Included with the new scenarios is a Beginners tutorial in the first slot.

400 new Vehicle and Aircraft Icons added

New MOBHack Database checking utilities and OOB Price Calculator

ALL units have been re-priced with the new calculator (which can now be found in the "Cost Calculator" folder )

Numerous small code adjustments have been made to fine tune gameplay.

Checks have been added for aircraft (planes,helicopters etc) in cores - these are automatically stripped now.

A bug has been fixed where if a formation had non aircraft in slot 1, planes could be added in subsequent sections and this would then fool the air selection code and allow either unlimited planes or to add such formations to cores.

Battle location have been updated for new and existing nations. Indonesia is mainly in Borneo for the emergency vs UK, Australian, Malaysia nations in 46 to 66, post this Australians get Timor as a location as well

Iraq locations and types updated to reflect latest conflict (expect more urbanised bias to locations)

Korean war locations have been updated, certain key location areas added (e.g. Seoul City in both 9/50 (going up) and 3/51 (coming back down again!), Pyongyang City in 9/50, "North of The Yalu" and N Korea locations in 10/50 to 12/50 period. Also corrected were some nations who were getting China locations in Korean war period instead of Korean locs. Additionally to this, Korean war LC changed to disallow China pre the official start date in the generated campaign if date is in the Korean war period AND at least 1 of the 3 slots is allocated to NORTH KOREA, until post the correct introduction date for Chinese "volunteers". Set up a Korean War LC now with china in 1 or 2 slots (As desired) and NK in the remainder and if the code generates a Chinese battle prior to Chinese entry date it overrides that with NK as an opponent.

All AI picklists have been re-checked and adjusted. For example, UK and Argentine pick lists and code changes for Falklands will now generate reasonably correct force structures for both sides, e.g. UK is a light infantry army with Gazelles as main helo support, Argentineans there are conscripts and marines.

The surrender option has been removed in PBEM games as this proved to be a cheat in PBEM..

Some rework of the AI pick code to buy tanks a bit more in non tank heavy if lots of free buy points available.

The AI helicopter landings hex selection routine was redone to accomodate the new map sizes

Mines were not able to be laid on the RHS of larger maps - now fixed as well, mines are now deployable in the UC if bought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(in reply to sandman20)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Steel Panthers MBT V.2 out now Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI