Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tigers on the Hunt Normandy DLC Designer Notes features

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tigers on the Hunt Normandy DLC Designer Notes features Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tigers on the Hunt Normandy DLC Designer Notes features - 7/3/2018 11:20:22 AM   
Paullus

In the very soon to be released Normandy DLC, UPDATE 5 will also be available for the Game. This Update includes some very nice new features that I used in the scenario design for this DLC. Besides the improvements to the AI behavior Peter also added a nice design feature for the AI in ADVANCE Attitude that helps the designer control the behavior of the AI units a bit. It is called Special Command "ATTACK HEX" and gives the designer the possibility to assign a hex for individual units to attack. This is a way to make the AI more challenging for the Human player. With the earlier special command features there are now three different ways to control the AI units as a designer, one when AI in ADVANCE Attitude, "ATTACK HEX" and two when AI is in DEFEND Attitude, "DEFEND HEX" and "ATTACK".

Attachment (1)

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
Post #: 1
RE: Tigers on the Hunt Normandy DLC Designer Notes feat... - 7/3/2018 11:44:02 AM   
Peter Fisla

The UPDATE5 also has latest version of the game manual which includes all the new features and changes.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 2
RE: Tigers on the Hunt Normandy DLC Designer Notes feat... - 7/3/2018 3:10:41 PM   
pzgndr

Have the default game scenarios in UPDATE5 been updated with the new AI improvements; i.e., hexes assigned for individual units to attack? Just curious if there are noticeable improvements and other surprises we can look forward to in some of the scenarios we've already played. Thanks!

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 3
RE: Tigers on the Hunt Normandy DLC Designer Notes feat... - 7/3/2018 3:28:46 PM   
dox44

hey thanks for update and the DLC.

i'm in.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 4
RE: Tigers on the Hunt Normandy DLC Designer Notes feat... - 7/3/2018 4:00:40 PM   
Paullus

No changes to the standard game scenarios. I could perhaps do some changes for future updates.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 5
RE: Tigers on the Hunt Normandy DLC Designer Notes feat... - 7/5/2018 5:23:23 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzgndr
Have the default game scenarios in UPDATE5 been updated with the new AI improvements

Apparently not. I see the new scenarios 29-34, but the default scenarios are still dated 2016. So, might the older scenarios get an update at some point? We'll have to see how the new AI fire and advance is working, which should help. Thanks!

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 6
RE: Tigers on the Hunt Normandy DLC Designer Notes feat... - 7/5/2018 8:07:12 PM   
UP844

Some of the features implemented in Update 5 have a significant impact on general AI gameplay, so they will also affect older scenarios:
1) leaders will no more leave routed units behind to charge the enemy objectives. Before update 5, a broken AI unit was as good as a killed unit: their chances to rally were limited to the self-rally ability available - for a single unit only - in the friendly Administrative Segment.
2) heavy and medium MGs firing at long range also affect some scenarios (e.g. Canicatti Ridge or Battle of the Lastekodumägi). Moving in open terrain is now as suicide as it should be.
3) the use of smoke makes possible to blind enemy units (and WP also forces them to take a normal morale check)

These only are the most impacting features: there are many others (courtesy of Peter , but listing their effect would require a very long post.

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 7
RE: Tigers on the Hunt Normandy DLC Designer Notes feat... - 7/5/2018 8:28:34 PM   
Paullus

Yes there neeD to be updates of the old stock scenarios. A task I've already started. 😉

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tigers on the Hunt Normandy DLC Designer Notes features Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI