Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

weather in PBEM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> weather in PBEM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
weather in PBEM - 9/11/2018 4:22:48 PM   
bfcj

Do players normally disable random weather for PBEM or just let it ride? With the long turn periods during the non-summer months, it seems to me that weather can have an outsized effect on the outcome. I've observed where a couple of consecutive turns of rain force what could have been an early spring invasion of France to be postponed until summer . And in late winter, an early clear turn can doom a Russian player who is still trying to reform his ranks after the blitzkrieg. While it adds to realism, it makes luck a greater weight in the outcome, and makes me wonder how many of my wins and losses have might have were affected by it.
Post #: 1
RE: weather in PBEM - 9/23/2018 6:21:28 PM   
Dorky8

The weather seems and interesting variable in the game to me. It obviously had a big impact on the war. I do think Axis and Allies should have the same weather for their turns, that to me is the part that seems unrealistic. Panzer Corp for example each player has the same weather. I think.

I've played a bunch of games that different weather for the Axis/Allied turns has swung the game.

(in reply to bfcj)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> weather in PBEM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI