Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit should have 6 MP after move, has 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Unit should have 6 MP after move, has 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit should have 6 MP after move, has 2 - 8/17/2018 11:41:14 PM   
brucemo

I am not a passive aggressive person but the top sticky essentially says bugs aren't interesting, and I'd rather play the game for an hour than report a bug for an hour, if the report isn't going to be examined.

So I will give the ten-minute version of this and if more is desired I will happily provide more.

I am playing with fog of war off but if I redundantly recon the appropriate area it doesn't matter.

I have an SS motorized division that can reach the edge of a major river and cross it while in ZOC of an enemy unit. When planning the move (select unit and move the mouse around) it tells me that it has 28 MP when it gets to the river edge, and 6 MP after it crosses. But if I actually do the move, it has 2 MP when it crosses the river. If I move to the river edge first, I will have 28 MP there and if I plan the crossing it tells me that I'll have 2 when I cross.

I expect that it will tell me that I'll have 2 MP when I cross the river while initially planning, not 6.

This is reproducable in a save file or I can provide screen shots and other info.
Post #: 1
RE: Unit should have 6 MP after move, has 2 - 8/18/2018 12:05:58 AM   
brucemo

After moving some units around, what I think is going on is that the cost shown when planning is the cost if I take a complete different and substantially longer (in terms of hexes, shorter in terms of MP's) route to the destination hex, but that route is not displaying on the screen, just the cost to take that route to the destination. If I execute the move it still takes the shorter (in terms of hexes) route.

This seems like a real bug, and I have not seen anything like this before so this might be an odd case somehow.

(in reply to brucemo)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit should have 6 MP after move, has 2 - 8/18/2018 12:24:02 AM   
Aufklaerungs

Never was good at word problems. Screenshots would illustrate the predicament/bug better.

Aufklärungs

(in reply to brucemo)
Post #: 3
RE: Unit should have 6 MP after move, has 2 - 8/18/2018 6:29:04 AM   
morvael

Which sticky says bugs aren't interesting? All are reviewed, but it takes time to do it, and even more to fix, so some non-critical but time-consuming bugs may indeed be left out.

(in reply to Aufklaerungs)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Unit should have 6 MP after move, has 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI