Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing ship behavior

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Changing ship behavior Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing ship behavior - 10/23/2019 11:59:34 PM   
shart1949

I apologize upfront if this is NOT the correct forum for the following question:

If one wanted to change (modify) the behavior of any ship class (role), which file(s) would one need? I am interested in behaviors such as, under what conditions to seek out a refueling base, or when to press an attack versus retreating. That sort of thing.

I am assuming that "ship behavior" is, in fact, something that can be modified via a text file.

Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Changing ship behavior - 10/24/2019 1:47:50 AM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: shart1949

I am assuming that "ship behavior" is, in fact, something that can be modified via a text file.

Thank you.

That would be a pretty big assumption and a lot to as of a humble text file. AI scripting logic is complex and it is mostly set in the code and not in the text files. However, there is the overmatch setting you can set in game which determines how much firepower your ships will try to throw at an enemy. There are also stances such as what to do against weaker or stronger opponents. Those are not in text files though. They are on menues in the game. I hope that helps.

BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08

(in reply to shart1949)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing ship behavior - 10/24/2019 2:06:00 AM   
shart1949

Thank you, RogerBacon, for that fast response! I know I was stretching by assuming what I did; hence, the reason for my post. Would it be fair, then, to conclude that setting the threshold, for when a ship decides it is time to ignore direct orders and change course for the nearest refueling base, is not something that could be easily made a command, accessible via the UI?

(in reply to RogerBacon)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> Changing ship behavior Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI