Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strange situation with 12 Panzer divizion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Strange situation with 12 Panzer divizion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strange situation with 12 Panzer divizion - 9/14/2018 7:47:47 PM   
D511

Hello all!
I have a strange situation in the current GC game with Tollwut (he is an Axis side): it is 08.27.1942 now, 12 Panzer Division lost few battles in one turn (look image 1-4).
Battle Result 1
Battle Result 2
Battle Result 3
Battle Result 4
And in the fifth battle I am seen this (image 5) - CV of 12 PD is 0 before and after the battle and there is no Axis casualties :( More of it - there is no 12PD in battle at all.
It is repeat another time in the sixth battle (look image 6).
Battle Result 5
Battle Result 6
After all of this 12 PD travel way as shown on image 7 and now stay in hex with it`s comrades (image 8).
Image 7
Image 8
what does it mean? I cant destroy 12 PD and cant routing it if there is no such unit in battle (((
anybody seen such thing before?
P.S. How it is possible to attach few images to the post?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by D511 -- 9/14/2018 7:51:14 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Strange situation with 12 Panzer divizion - 9/15/2018 5:06:20 AM   
Saulust

I'm guessing but my be the 12th Panzer Division is failing to fight and automatically loses the battle and subsequently retreats putting up zero CV and not appearing in the combat resolution report.

I have seen this type of zero or non-appearance in the combat report especially when causing a surrender of a surrounded or cut off low morale zero CV unit, I was going to ask about this sort of thing too.

Usually recently at least I see this missing ground unit (often an Axis ally Brigade or Division) not written in the lost battle result report, but the men, guns & AFVs are still all there as casualties and actually captured. The unit will be in the division loss screen if I click to it afterwards, but I just found it strange that it didn't get written in the actual battle result report where I destroyed it by making it surrender. What might be in the battle result report will be the SU units that where in the battle if provided by the ground units HQ which didn't actually surrender with it, but survive still returned to the HQ still in the pocket. The SUs attached to a trapped Division do get destroyed with it and will then be in the Destroyed units tally.

It would look like the image in Battle Result 1 one with the 427th Gun Battalion and what you see in Battle Result 5 & 6 without the 12th Panzer Division even being reported there and similarly I often see my CV at 999.9 as well when this happens, however I get the Axis casualties in several thousand way above the amount that could be in the SU alone.

So what I think is happening in 5 & 6 in your post is that the 12th Panzer Division is failing a morale level test before that actual battle starts and auto-retreats in your cases, so none are inflicted by your attacks upon it, but your unit sustain an initial amount of casualties in an attrition of movement cost in launching the attack in the first place, however I still think that the 12th Panzer Division will have sustained casualties during its retreats especially as it does so in a path in your ZOC, but they don't get reported in the Battle Result report hopefully, unless it doesn't sustain any at all I suppose.

Anyway short answer is 12th Pz Div is automatically failing to fight due to something like less than 1 CV but doesn't actually collapse in morale terms enough to route in 5 & 6, therefore it just retreats, even though your units sustain casualties by attacking.

O'h I just realised its the fact the 12th PzD has less than 1 CV that it doesn't fight, your units suffer 'getting in to battle' losses, result automatic loss of battle, no show in battle result report, 12th PzD then first retreats to where it can, then passes its route morale test and stays on the map as is.

If you watch your battles you'll see this type of sequence very quickly happen to lossing ground units, they appear to retreat one hex and either stay there or just immediately then either route and displace to somewhere else or they surrender and disappear.

< Message edited by Saulust -- 9/15/2018 5:08:32 AM >

(in reply to D511)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Strange situation with 12 Panzer divizion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI