Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet Surrender

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Soviet Surrender Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet Surrender - 10/16/2018 6:23:49 PM   
Bolko

I have all three Soviet cities. The Allies are in Sicily but Italy hasn't surrendered and I control both Rome and Paris. I control Nantes. Unless its a ship or sub at sea there are no allied units within 6 hexes of either. So why hasn't the game offered me a Russia surrender? The Russian capital automatically moved the end of last turn when Moscow, the third of the three cities to fall. The Russians have taken their turn and my turn has begun. Will I get the offer of surrender at the end of this turn?

The only other factor I can think of is I've allowed him to push me back out of the deep Caucasus.

Is a ship or even hidden sub within 6 hexes of Nantes enough to halt the Soviet fall?
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet Surrender - 10/16/2018 6:38:54 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi Bolko

Allied naval units won't affect it. If the conditions are met then I think you'll receive the Decision in your next turn.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Bolko)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet Surrender - 10/16/2018 7:09:11 PM   
Bolko

Next turn completed. No offer. Russian moral is 86. German is 116. Italy is 66! Does moral play a factor somehow? I have both Leningrad hexes and both Moscow hexes. I have Stalingrad but not the city across the river. Is that it?

All cities are connected to Germany by rail net. No partisan activity to break rail by reducing cities. I'll double check to make sure there is no partisan activity in France but I think I have that covered.

There has not been enough bombing to isolate Paris or Nantes from Germany.

This is a PBEM++ game so maybe I shouldn't have a direct answer unless I have fulfilled the requirements and the game just hasn't made up its mind yet.

Well, my opponent says he got the event and he selected bitter end. I thought it was the Axis choice??

< Message edited by Bolko -- 10/16/2018 8:27:40 PM >

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet Surrender - 10/16/2018 8:22:51 PM   
Sugar

I would suggest to take the next sovyet capital. And then the next. Or to bring down their nm to 0.

You could also occupy Cairo and London, in this case you'd achieve a decisive victory, if you're able to keep all the other cities named in the victory conditions.

(in reply to Bolko)
Post #: 4
RE: Soviet Surrender - 10/16/2018 8:30:52 PM   
Bolko

Yes, but how do I make the Soviets surrender? Do I have to take the new capitol twice?

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 5
RE: Soviet Surrender - 10/16/2018 9:14:55 PM   
Sugar

After the fall of Moscow the sovyet capital moves to Kuybishev, and after the fall of Kuybishev it moves to Perm. That`s the reason why they're shown as "Alternate". To force the Soyvyet's surrender, you may either take all 3 capitals or to bring their NM to 0 (including the destruction of many units left in the first case).

To win a decisive victory (immedately ending the war), you`ll have to take or keep Berlin, Warsaw, Paris, Rome, Leningrad, Stalingrad, Moscow, Cairo and London.

(in reply to Bolko)
Post #: 6
RE: Soviet Surrender - 10/17/2018 5:32:01 AM   
Bolko

DE 417 – USSR: Offer to Surrender?
Event fires: When the USSR is Allied but
Moscow, Stalingrad and Leningrad are in Axis
hands, France has surrendered, and there are
no Allied units within 6 hexes of Paris or Nantes.

Does this a decision event allow the Soviets or the Germans to make a choice? I thought it was a German option to win a major victory instead of decisive.

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 7
RE: Soviet Surrender - 10/17/2018 7:48:21 AM   
LLv34Mika

I think I know what you mean

this is a USSR event! You won't get it when you play the Axis!
The USSR gets this offer to end the war (= giving up) it does not mean that you, the Axis player, offer the Russians to accept a surrender.
Maybe the Russians already got this event and simply decided to keep on fighting? Not such a bad decision since the allies are already in Sicily and Italy will be out of the war soon.

If Russia is really starting to drive you back and the western allies are on their way to take out Italy I guess you just see the turning point of the war.
Sorry to say that... in that case your game will end in a German defeat if you can't get the US/GB out of your way.

Mika

(in reply to Bolko)
Post #: 8
RE: Soviet Surrender - 10/17/2018 4:49:20 PM   
BillRunacre

The USSR has the Decision to offer to surrender. If they say yes to it, then the Axis have a Decision where they get to decide if they want to accept the Soviet offer to surrender, so both sides ultimately would have a say on the game ending.

But if the USSR wants to fight on then that is their decision.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Soviet Surrender Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI