Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Something weird with allied comms

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Something weird with allied comms Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Something weird with allied comms - 11/8/2018 3:21:18 PM   
Ancalagon451

I'm currently playing a sub scenario in which the sub is the only unit of my side but I have an allied side in the area to give me sporadic intel.

Problem is that as of the moment of the attached save, I'm receiving elint info about a radar radiating enemy unit (the emitter tag over the ship was what tipped me that something was off) while i'm more than a thousand feet under the surface.

Contact log confirms that it's being detected by the RWR of an allied plane (shark 4) but in this very moment I'm out of comms with said allied side, and I don't know even where they situated, so it stands to reason that I shouldn't be reciving information from one of them.

TL,DR: I'm still receiving partial information from an allied side I'm out of comms with.

Ancalagon

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Something weird with allied comms - 11/8/2018 6:32:39 PM   
serjames

The feature of being underwater and not able to receive comms... is not simulated - would be cool, but make the missions very tricky I would imagine

(in reply to Ancalagon451)
Post #: 2
RE: Something weird with allied comms - 11/8/2018 7:47:25 PM   
Ancalagon451

The problem here is that I'm receiving info from an unit not in my side, and in a moment of time when info sharing between that side and me is disabled.

The submerged comment was made to point that it couldn't be myself the one who was detecting that radar (and the detection log agrees with me).

Ancalagon

(in reply to serjames)
Post #: 3
RE: Something weird with allied comms - 11/9/2018 2:17:32 AM   
Whicker

yep, that looks wrong. But you only see the 2 ship/sub units, there is a plane with a radar on in that area too, and I played around with it a bit and it will show the emitter tag for the plane when you are allied with the US (friendly) but as soon as you go back to neutral you never see the plane again, but every 16 seconds you get the sub and ship updated.

(in reply to Ancalagon451)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Something weird with allied comms Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI