Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

M3 Bradleys

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> M3 Bradleys Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
M3 Bradleys - 11/22/2018 12:10:26 PM   
kch

Hi. Just a quick question..

How would you use these on a defensive mention? Once they have detected the enemy columns, would you let them hang back and use the TOWs to take out T80s, or best to take them completely out of the firing line.

(I am playing around with the Time to Dance scenario)
Post #: 1
RE: M3 Bradleys - 11/22/2018 5:57:32 PM   
Stimpak

Once the column is initially detected, it should still be consistently observed to detect any changes in direction, behavior, or perhaps even the arrival of enemy reinforcements. Keeping enemy columns detected also increases the lethality of artillery strikes and your own accuracy in calling them in. One man with a radio can ruin an entire regiment's day, so keep your recon alive and doing its job. That being said, if the enemy is making a deliberate effort to engage or destroy your recon assets, then that is when they should withdraw.

(in reply to kch)
Post #: 2
RE: M3 Bradleys - 11/23/2018 7:56:05 AM   
kch

thanks... I will pull them out of danger, but still in positions to observe. I did try to place them on a reverse slope to take a few tanks passing through a valley, but that failed miserably.. They were slaughtered by the T80s.

Does the game use "facing"? I.e. are the units facing in a certain direction (even if it cant be seen on the counters) and can you ambush by attacking from the side or rear?

(in reply to Stimpak)
Post #: 3
RE: M3 Bradleys - 11/24/2018 3:35:08 AM   
Stimpak

How far away were said T-80s? Never try to perform recon under 2km (4 hexes). Even 5-6 hexes is dicey.
Ambushes can be performed so long as the enemy initially doesn't detect your units when they start firing.

(in reply to kch)
Post #: 4
RE: M3 Bradleys - 11/26/2018 8:29:13 AM   
kch

I was definitely too close then. 500m iguals 1 hex right? I guess I continuously fall into the trap of using recon assets as combat units.

(in reply to Stimpak)
Post #: 5
RE: M3 Bradleys - 11/26/2018 8:25:22 PM   
Stimpak

500m is way too close - in daylight conditions not even smoke will cloak your units.

(in reply to kch)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> M3 Bradleys Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI