Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2 questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> 2 questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 questions - 12/15/2018 12:48:22 AM   
IBender

1. Is there some sort of manual online so I can look up things without having to always ask on the forums. Please question 2 for an example of what I am trying to figure out. also please answer if it you can.

2. What does Historical First Turn do in "Realism Options"

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: 2 questions - 12/15/2018 1:35:36 AM   
JeffroK

1. Your download includes a manual, unfortunately at opening day "vanilla" standard.

2. Everything on day 1 is as coded by the devs, you play with the results as they occur.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to IBender)
Post #: 2
RE: 2 questions - 12/15/2018 1:36:15 AM   
btd64

There is a manual document with the game. As far as the "Historical First Turn" the game, when started, goes right into the historical first moves by Japan. Assuming you're playing the Allied side....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to IBender)
Post #: 3
RE: 2 questions - 12/15/2018 3:43:07 AM   
spence

You will find that the game approximates the original Japanese Plan plus most of their wishes.
A lot of that results from the fact that the planet rotates and 8AM December 7th Hawaii time is 1AM December 8th in Singapore. (If you really want to get crazy the Battle of Midway was fought on different sides of the International Date Line so the Japanese bombers were dropping their bombs on the day before they took off from their carriers).

IRL the Pearl Harbor attack took place hours before the Japanese surprised the USAAF in the Philippines but that happens in the game automatically. IRL the Japanese bombers in Saigon 8bombed Singapore (with indeterminate results) during the night of 8 December (actually before the attack on Pearl Harbor). They did not attack the HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Repulse until 9 December (local) but the PoW/Repulse Force Z is hung out to dry on the first turn.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> 2 questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI