Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Timescale

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Timescale Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Timescale - 12/4/2018 9:45:22 PM   
nats

I see from reviews that the general turn time is one player move per month for the main campaign which would seem to indicate that the whole of WW2 should pan out in 80 turns or so. Seems a bit rushed to me if I am honest. But I was wondering do any of the other scenarios have a different timecale and or terrain scale? Or are they all the same scale as the main game? I cant imagine for example that the Battle of the Bulge will be much of a scenario if its all over in two monthly turns?

< Message edited by nats -- 12/4/2018 9:46:48 PM >

"Its life Jim, but not as we know it"
Post #: 1
RE: Timescale - 12/5/2018 1:45:50 AM   
Hubert Cater

There are two turns per month, but only one turn per side per month as the turn lengths are 2 weeks... so approximately 160 turns in total for the Axis and Allied sides if you play into late 1945 when starting with the 1939 campaign.

(in reply to nats)
Post #: 2
RE: Timescale - 12/5/2018 2:19:43 PM   
BillRunacre

Feedback from the beta team - and my own experience in playing too, hasn't suggested that the game lacks turns. Victories have been won, vast conquests made, and all within the parameters of the game.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Timescale - 12/5/2018 3:00:19 PM   
joliverlay

Your product pages says that turns are weekly. This might be misleading, they appear monthly from the discussion. If you play the game, and only make your own turns once each month, that would be called monthly turns. Not my cup of tea. Good luck to you.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 4
RE: Timescale - 12/6/2018 10:50:57 AM   
seydlitz22513

In my humble opinion, simultaneous weekly game turns should be the standard for all these games, and MPP etc set up to reflect this. Thankfully this is very easily done using the editor. So is not a reason to dismiss any purchase of the game. I think the main reason the games are not weekly simultaneous, is because that would require a lot more work creating the scenarios in the first place, with many more decision events etc.

(in reply to joliverlay)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Timescale Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI