Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

An Awesome Editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> An Awesome Editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
An Awesome Editor - 5/14/2000 11:48:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I hope all of you, especially some of you newcomers to the game, will eventually try your hand at scenario design. Being creative is a bright spark in all of us. The editor in the SP series has progressed immensely since SP1. It began as a crude add-on with many problems but has evolved through the years into one of the most versatile, user-friendly tools I have ever seen in a wargame. You can do it. If you'll check SPWAW week at this URL http://wbr.thegamers.net You will find a tutorial on scenario design on Day Two. As you learn how to use it, you'll find you can do amazing things with it. You want "on-map" big artillery? You can create your own with the editor. Want a special kind of tank, you can make it with the editor. The T-28 is quite possible. Do you want combat attrition to show in the units. You can increase (or decrease) the number of men in each unit to your liking. Would you like a scenario where the ammo is REALLY low and you have to make every shot count? It can be done. Check out the upcoming Taking a Stand Scenario, Philippines, 42 when the US Stuart tanks of the 192nd Tank Battalion went into battle against Japanese armor with almost no ammunition. And on and on I could go. After designing nearly 1,000 scenarios in all of the SP versions over the last six years, I can truthfully say this is perhaps the best design editor around. You can mix nationalities, create your own units, artillery, make MGs more lethal, change the bomb load on your aircraft, etc. etc. I hope you'll give it a try. If you do, let me see your handiwork. Wild Bill ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> An Awesome Editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI