Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

K62 vs VikingNo2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> K62 vs VikingNo2 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
K62 vs VikingNo2 - 7/7/2003 5:19:57 AM   
VikingNo2

Ok fight fans, K62 has put questions to the forum and has been pulling tactics and tips from all lets see how he does.

1 platoon of infiltrators

no air

Him ( Mother Russian )

Me ( Nice peaceful German's )

10 % Arty

No Air

Version 7.1
Post #: 1
Arghhh... - 7/7/2003 12:16:49 PM   
K62

I just spent 2 hours purchasing and deploying and when I was finally done it did the different dates files thing again :( :( :( Is there something I can do to avoid this people? :rolleyes:

Be back to you in a couple of days, I think :o

"Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak"
John Adams

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 2
- 7/9/2003 1:57:11 AM   
VikingNo2

Bump, you think to hard :rolleyes: :cool:

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 3
Re: Arghhh... - 7/9/2003 2:22:39 AM   
Gary Tatro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by K62
[B]I just spent 2 hours purchasing and deploying and when I was finally done it did the different dates files thing again :( :( :( Is there something I can do to avoid this people? :rolleyes:

Be back to you in a couple of days, I think :o [/B][/QUOTE]
You need to wait after you put in your pass word and after you save the file for about 10-30 seconds for the game to save correctly. Here is a trick if you can click on the game and try to start it it will say "saved game failed to load" if it saved wrong.

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 4
- 7/9/2003 3:21:37 AM   
K62

What do you mean bump and what's the hurry. I'm working right now but I'll send you the turn later today. Maybe I should join the Marines too, seems like you get lots of spare time :D

Thanks for the tip gary i hope it'll work :)

"Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak"
John Adams

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 5
- 7/9/2003 3:42:39 AM   
VikingNo2

Calm down my good man, its not the extra time I have, I just play fast.

I normally bump just to make sure nothing is wrong :cool:

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 6
- 7/9/2003 4:31:33 AM   
K62

All right here you go speedy :D

John Adams

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 7
- 7/9/2003 4:40:48 AM   
K62

Oh, I'm playing Russian and I forgot to get any FO :rolleyes: Would you let me get one as reinforcement now? The turn for regular reinforcements is 12 by my calculations and that's enough time to get beaten ;)

John Adams

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 8
- 7/9/2003 6:25:12 AM   
VikingNo2

Sure

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 9
- 7/9/2003 6:29:17 AM   
Belisarius

Ha ha that won't make any difference. Russian FOs are out of contact 80% of the battle, busy sitting in their post chugging Vodka. :D :D

/back to the program...

Got StuG?

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 10
How little you know - 7/9/2003 6:47:21 AM   
Gary Tatro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Belisarius
[B]Ha ha that won't make any difference. Russian FOs are out of contact 80% of the battle, busy sitting in their post chugging Vodka. :D :D

/back to the program... [/B][/QUOTE]
Hey B you know that if you put your one Russian FO right next to the A0 HQ he is always in contact. :D :D :D :D :D

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 11
- 7/10/2003 4:09:31 AM   
K62

Bump

John Adams

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 12
- 7/10/2003 11:28:55 AM   
VikingNo2

Ok here we go

Due to K62's efforts to learn my style I have decided to play a little different, ATTACK !!!!!!!!!!

Rockets land on Russian positions, I was hunting for infantry and found some:cool: How much I'm not sure yet

Germans capture the Northern and center Vhexs

Your turn

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 13
Nowt wrong with SO FO... - 7/10/2003 11:52:46 AM   
Black Sabot

It's the bloody 203's that're never there when you need them.:p

I've done this a thousand times and never been hurt.
(much)

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 14
- 7/10/2003 1:02:28 PM   
K62

He's got his initial barrage right on top of my MCs and flame tanks :eek: No contact except I see some MC of his own on a hill in the north.

If he's going to attack then I'm going to be extra careful this time. All I actually want from this game is to learn a few more things - and, oh yeah, let's not forget, kill some Kats ;) :p How about a few sturmtigers JJ? I'm sure you've got them on a map with so much woods :D

And I'm really amazed that a Viking is afraid a Newbe can learn about his style :eek: :D Especially as having one is proof of weakness :cool:

John Adams

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 15
- 7/10/2003 1:32:28 PM   
VikingNo2

Touche~

Anyway the wood are filled with the sound of MCs Russian and German racing through the woods looking for each other.

My enemy is holding his arty, my guess there is going to be a coordinated rocket barrage with a classic Russian massive assault.

Make Gary and Red proud Mr K62

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 16
- 7/11/2003 11:53:16 PM   
K62

Sent you the turn through email. I'm having trouble with attachments on the forum.

I haven't yet had the honour to play with any of these two gentlemen so I'm completely ignorant of the kind of attacks they're using when playing Russian. It would be good if none of them placed any hopes in my performance for I don't like disappointing nice people ;)

Rockets? What rockets ;) I ain't got no rockets :D

In my turn: recon elements shoot at each other. I killed a German MC squad, spotted a couple of others and had two big AT guns fire at me from a distance. He lets the rockets rest and bombs some MC and a BA64 that sticked their heads out.

His MC are stronger, they have an extra LMG when compared to mine. That's why I got some armored cars along to help :)

John Adams

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 17
- 7/12/2003 10:49:06 AM   
VikingNo2

More MC's fighting each other, several armored cars and light tanks spotted :eek:

No snipers spotted ..............yet:rolleyes:

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 18
- 7/12/2003 1:00:44 PM   
K62

Not a great turn for the Russians. Soviet MCs supported by AC and light tanks slug it out with Nazi MCs supported by ski squads and 88 mm ATGs in overwatch :eek: Killed a few, lost a few, c'est la guerre ;)

My infiltrators had an awful luck, 2 squads out of 3 ran into German forces waiting 2 hexes away :eek: We called an Orthodox priest to give them the last communion through radio :rolleyes:

He's been using some 75 caliber arty, it's the first time I see him with anything other than mortars. Speaking of which, I finally let mine loose a bit :) And I repeat: I have no rockets! :D

John Adams

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 19
- 7/12/2003 1:21:00 PM   
K62

And snipers are not meant to be spotted :p

John Adams

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 20
- 7/13/2003 12:41:59 AM   
VikingNo2

The MC horde up north is greeted with a nasty suprise:rolleyes:

A partisan runs into a Strumtiger, nuff said;)

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 21
- 7/13/2003 2:32:58 AM   
K62

Grrrrr... flame rockets and Sturmtigers!:eek: Now that is really a nasty surprise for the MCs that took a hill in the north. In my turn, the killing continues, it's mostly an infantry fight so far.

I've killed one of my own MC squads :(

John Adams

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 22
- 7/13/2003 3:03:28 AM   
VikingNo2

A nasty infantry fight developing

K62 I mde a mistake in my purchases, I bought something I should not have, I have a plt of Panther G Uhs, we can start over or continue. It was a mistake I guess I was buying to fast just letting you know incase you would like to start over. I have one plt of them

More recon and heavy recon fighting

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 23
- 7/13/2003 3:11:46 AM   
K62

Why is it a mistake to buy panther G Uhs? :confused: If you want to start again it's fine, but I don't understand what you are talking about :o

John Adams

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 24
- 7/13/2003 3:56:08 AM   
VikingNo2

The Panther G Uh can see through smoke, lots of people consider them unfair, lets continue.

We can alway start another one after this

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 25
- 7/13/2003 6:06:49 AM   
K62

OK, you also let me get that FO so I guess I owe you one ;) Just don't abuse them please... I already left a SU 122 in one's sights (sigh...) :(

The killing continues, the Russians advance through forests because the open ground is under observation from ATGs. It's funny how they fire at MCs and the MC stops to give the ATG a better shot :rolleyes:

He also fired Nebelwerfers at me last turn! :eek: I think half of his arty is made up of rockets :eek: And some of the rest is OB, like the 75 mm battery.

I'm beginning to see some of his bigger stuff out there... like Tigers, Panthers Uhu and Sturmtigers!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

John Adams

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 26
- 7/13/2003 6:07:34 AM   
K62

And this is the file mr. Viking sir...

John Adams

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 27
- 7/13/2003 6:58:39 AM   
VikingNo2

The Russians attack in mass pushing the Germans back in the north and south:(

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 28
- 7/13/2003 9:53:05 AM   
K62

It appears the attack in the north has broken to his rear area :eek: :D My MCs destroyed an ammo truck and a mortar and fired on several more medium mortars :cool: A Panther Uhu behind a hill got bombed, hopefully he'll hang around for a little while ;)

In the south I can feel something brewing... :rolleyes: He counter-attacked a bit last turn and I expect a much bigger show now. In the center there's open space and it's overwatched by multiple ATGs, Tigers and Sturmtigers :eek:

John Adams

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 29
- 7/13/2003 11:03:00 AM   
VikingNo2

Just so you know, buying companies of MCs is a little frowed on

(in reply to VikingNo2)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> K62 vs VikingNo2 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI