Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED] Self guided missiles miss moving target if side does not maintain recon of target.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Self guided missiles miss moving target if side does not maintain recon of target. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED] Self guided missiles miss moving target if side... - 4/16/2019 11:27:22 PM   
Zanthra

I was seeing some trouble with Maverick missiles in the recent patch (although I am not sure if it's a new issue), and I recalled running into a similar issue before. In this example I have two pairs of cars and F-16s assigned to fire Mavericks at them. As the jets pass over, the planes cannot see the cars any longer. On the left pair is a seal recon team to keep recon on the cars, but not on the right. The Mavericks on the left regularly hit their targets, and on the right they don't.

If you move the recon unit from the middle of the left pair of cars to the middle of the right pair of cars, the opposite is true. The ones out of recon on the left miss, while the ones in recon on the right hit. The Maverick missile, having no datalinks or outside guidance should not be affected by the recon available to the side.

Weapons with larger blast radius than mavericks can take out targets despite the miss, and laser guided weapons require constant recon anyways. Stationary targets don't have any problems.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 4/22/2019 6:07:26 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Self guided missiles miss moving target if side doe... - 4/21/2019 1:08:20 PM   
Dimitris

Thanks, logged. We'll take a look.

(in reply to Zanthra)
Post #: 2
RE: Self guided missiles miss moving target if side doe... - 4/22/2019 6:06:23 PM   
Dimitris

This proved quite hard to track down. Fixed for the next update.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Self guided missiles miss moving target if side does not maintain recon of target. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI