Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strange edge of map graphics bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Strange edge of map graphics bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strange edge of map graphics bug - 5/19/2019 12:47:29 AM   
millibyte

I've noticed while playing the Allies, if I scroll on the right edge of the game map (mouse to the right), to see the West coast of the US, my units hop over two spots to the left. Was a little disconcerting the first time I saw the San Francisco garrison sitting in the Pacific ocean. I can usually reset it if I scroll back to the left enough and then back right just far enough to see the units but not push to the hard edge of the map. Not a huge deal, but weird!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Strange edge of map graphics bug - 5/19/2019 9:06:37 PM   
Christolos

Fyi, this was also reported here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4595798&mpage=1&key=�

Hubert was unable to reproduce it... It still happens to me, with v1.02, exactly as you describe it.

Hubert, any thouhgts?

C

< Message edited by Christolos -- 5/19/2019 9:07:36 PM >

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

(in reply to millibyte)
Post #: 2
RE: Strange edge of map graphics bug - 5/19/2019 9:29:58 PM   
sveint

It's a nasty bug if it happens when moving units. Workaround is to only use maxed in zoom.

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 3
RE: Strange edge of map graphics bug - 5/20/2019 4:29:42 PM   
jackharry

This has also happens to me occasionnally in WAW, and, more frequently, in the eastern extremity of Russia in WIE. It's not a problem though, it simply rectifys itself by just zooming in/out

(in reply to sveint)
Post #: 4
RE: Strange edge of map graphics bug - 5/23/2019 1:59:45 PM   
Hubert Cater

Thanks for the reports guys and I am still unable to repeat this despite remembering at one time, perhaps over a year ago, seeing it first hand. If anyone is so inclined to PM me with a video (via Youtube) and a description of the steps of how it happens on their end, including their screen resolution etc., that might help me to recreate the circumstances and repeat it on my end for correction.

I'd be happy to fix it, I just unfortunately won't be able to until I can repeat it to see exactly what the cause is etc.

(in reply to jackharry)
Post #: 5
RE: Strange edge of map graphics bug - 5/24/2019 7:51:03 PM   
Christolos

I'll try to record a video...but for now and if this helps; it only happens at the lower zoom level when scrolling to the extreme right of the screen, such that my mouse cursor disappears off the screen, but only happens when moving the mouse cursor slightly back on screen (about two hexes) to the left.

C

< Message edited by Christolos -- 5/24/2019 7:55:03 PM >

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Strange edge of map graphics bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI