Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Axis free for all ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Axis free for all ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Axis free for all ? - 5/31/2019 1:21:29 PM   
sapper32

Hey guys I'm nearly at the end of 43 playing as the Allies,USSR and China and it seems to me that this game is too pro axis,I've spent four years of the game building and researching as much as my pitifully small MPPs allow and the sum total of all that is I can't attack at all, My navies are not to bad I've managed to subdue the Kreigsmarine but all of my land forces and air forces are way to weak even my best Soviet units ie Shock army and Tanks at tech 2 and 3 can't attack and cause any damage to a German infantry corps without leaving themselves depleted and open to destruction next turn the Allies and Chinese are the same all I can do is sit and defend and hope for yet another winter comes along before they get destroyed, Also how is it that Axis units can drive around in the middle East, North Africa and The USSR like they don't need supply where do the Axis get there supply from ? I've cut axis units off from supply and still can't damage them how can a cut off Pzr Corps still fight inflict serious losses on my attacking units then just drive away to come back a few turns later and capture the Caucasus it's a bit of a joke really obviously I've made mistakes and now I'm just launching stupid attacks because if I don't I will just get destroyed and lose the game anyway.

That's my impression of the game I've not played a human Allies opponent so can't make any comments on that, BTW why do the Indians come under different tech they basically used what the British had so having to research twice is wrong if the player wants to send Spitfires to Burma then great and that goes for tanks and arty as well just seems like another handicap for the Allies to deal with

The battle of Medjerda is almost forgotten,but was fought against highly disciplined German troops and blasted a route straight to Tunis it was a perfect infiltration battle and should be remembered as the best fought British battle of the war.
Post #: 1
RE: Axis free for all ? - 5/31/2019 8:31:12 PM   
countrboy

That's what I thought too, until I played as Axis and found that the AI Allies was unbelievably strong. In 1941 my German infantry armies come off second best when attacking Russian units sitting in a city or town hex.

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 2
RE: Axis free for all ? - 5/31/2019 8:31:40 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi

Can you provide any screenshots where you say an Axis unit cut off from supply has been able to withstand attack and then capture the Caucasus?

In terms of research for India, as it is a separate Major it has to undertake its own research, but it does benefit from research sharing which means that Allied Majors with higher levels of research will enable India's own research to progress faster.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 3
RE: Axis free for all ? - 6/1/2019 5:14:25 AM   
sapper32

quote:

ORIGINAL: countrboy

That's what I thought too, until I played as Axis and found that the AI Allies was unbelievably strong. In 1941 my German infantry armies come off second best when attacking Russian units sitting in a city or town hex.

Hi I've not tried it as Axis yet only as Allies against the AI and in the current game against a human opponent but I do know the AI cheats I guess it's for game balancing

Ian

The battle of Medjerda is almost forgotten,but was fought against highly disciplined German troops and blasted a route straight to Tunis it was a perfect infiltration battle and should be remembered as the best fought British battle of the war.

(in reply to countrboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Axis free for all ? - 6/1/2019 5:28:02 AM   
sapper32

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre

Hi

Can you provide any screenshots where you say an Axis unit cut off from supply has been able to withstand attack and then capture the Caucasus?

In terms of research for India, as it is a separate Major it has to undertake its own research, but it does benefit from research sharing which means that Allied Majors with higher levels of research will enable India's own research to progress faster.

Sorry I've got no screen shots , The Pzr Corps in the Caucasus isn't the only one the same is happening in the middle East no matter what you throw at them you can't scratch the paint there just isn't enough MPPs in the early part of the game to match the Axis tech levels I've put a lot of MPPs into the middle East and North Africa and have lost it all it's like why bother wasting your money I may as well sit in England and build a massive army ready for D Day

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 5
RE: Axis free for all ? - 6/3/2019 2:38:07 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

Hi I've not tried it as Axis yet only as Allies against the AI and in the current game against a human opponent but I do know the AI cheats I guess it's for game balancing

Ian

Cheat is a strong word, can you describe what you feel the AI is doing that would indicate it is cheating?

The reason I ask is that the AI follows the same combat and supply rules as a human player, and all bonuses are editable from within the OPTIONS screen so that a player has full control over what advantages or disadvantages the AI is given.

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 6
RE: Axis free for all ? - 6/3/2019 4:03:05 PM   
Xenocide

Do you have Infantry Weapon 2 tech? Did you get Infantry and Armored Warfare techs? Without them you will have a lot of trouble. Generally you should focus more on tech in the early game and relatively little on building units, particularly as the Allies. You should be at or near your research cap at all times. Did you use the USA to invade North Africa? Surrounding the Axis in North Africa almost always leads to a collapse and you can invade Italy in 1943 pretty easily if you have amphib tech at decent levels. Usually the Russian advance starts for me once the Axis have to pull units back to cover Italy. Another option is a 1943 invasion of France.

Have you maxed out lend-lease to the Soviets? Are you focusing on armies and tanks in Russia? Corps are useful but you generally need the heavy hitters to start hurting Germany.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 7
RE: Axis free for all ? - 6/10/2019 12:13:47 PM   
sapper32

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

quote:

Ian

Cheat is a strong word, can you describe what you feel the AI is doing that would indicate it is cheating?

The reason I ask is that the AI follows the same combat and supply rules as a human player, and all bonuses are editable from within the OPTIONS screen so that a player has full control over what advantages or disadvantages the AI is given.

Ok so when game is set to an even balance vs the AI I've attacked enemy units at a predicted 1 loss to the enemy but when I attacked a number 1 flashed up on the attacked unit signifying it had taken damage but it stayed at 10 strength? I have seen this more than once also the AI starts the game with differnt/more units ie China with Arty and Armd cav,

Ian

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 8
RE: Axis free for all ? - 6/10/2019 12:22:22 PM   
sapper32

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xenocide

Do you have Infantry Weapon 2 tech? Did you get Infantry and Armored Warfare techs? Without them you will have a lot of trouble. Generally you should focus more on tech in the early game and relatively little on building units, particularly as the Allies. You should be at or near your research cap at all times. Did you use the USA to invade North Africa? Surrounding the Axis in North Africa almost always leads to a collapse and you can invade Italy in 1943 pretty easily if you have amphib tech at decent levels. Usually the Russian advance starts for me once the Axis have to pull units back to cover Italy. Another option is a 1943 invasion of France.

Have you maxed out lend-lease to the Soviets? Are you focusing on armies and tanks in Russia? Corps are useful but you generally need the heavy hitters to start hurting Germany.

Yes Inf 2 Tanks are now at 3 all the warfare techs are done if I had kept on researching Russia would be German in mid 43, If the Axis destroy 8 Soviet units in one turn and I don't build to try and hold some cities and keep an army in the field Russia falls.
I've made mistakes like trying to hold NA / Middle East that's cost me far to many MMPs in losses and has delayed D Day

(in reply to Xenocide)
Post #: 9
RE: Axis free for all ? - 6/10/2019 3:49:07 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

Ok so when game is set to an even balance vs the AI I've attacked enemy units at a predicted 1 loss to the enemy but when I attacked a number 1 flashed up on the attacked unit signifying it had taken damage but it stayed at 10 strength? I have seen this more than once also the AI starts the game with differnt/more units ie China with Arty and Armd cav,

The combat issue looks to be a bug which has also been reported to me in Multiplayer games. It has been reported for Destroyers attacking subs, and it is an issue I'm currently still unable to reproduce on my end to correct. Have you noticed this with land unit and other unit combat as well?

For the Chinese units, they don't actually start with these units in place, rather there are event scripts that may trigger their arrival. For example, some auxilary support units will arrive for China once Changsha is captured and so on and this ensures the AI is reasonably kept in the game for the long run.

However, these can all be enabled/disabled via the OPTIONS->ADVANCED->SCRIPTS UNIT event scripts as desired and at any time during an AI game.

Hubert

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Axis free for all ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI