Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ships won't repair??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> ships won't repair?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ships won't repair?? - 5/26/2020 12:39:09 PM   
christhegeek

Hi Wise people of Warplan.

I'm new to the game, I think I'm missing something but need some guidance. My Italian fleets got hammered yet survived a fight. Per the manual, I've distributed the ships in 4+ and 5+ shipyards expecting them to repair 1pt/turn. It seems that NONE of the ships are repairing, even though they've sat in port for many many turns. Am I missing something in the game where repairs are allocated? Do I need to put more points in refit/repairs/upgrade?

Is there a log of where the repairs done? I found-Report->Repairs, but don't understand what I'm reading.

Can you aim me in the right direction?

TY--Chris
Post #: 1
RE: ships won't repair?? - 5/26/2020 2:29:51 PM   
Ostwindflak

The best way is to prioritize them by clicking the button for said action on their pop up window once you select the unit. Also it helps to allocate more PP towards reinforcements/upgrades/repair in combination with this. Within a turn or two you should start seeing some of that damage repair just by doing those two things.

(in reply to christhegeek)
Post #: 2
RE: ships won't repair?? - 5/26/2020 5:19:39 PM   
ncc1701e

Hello and welcome to the forum. You need to allocate enough points indeed for the repair to occur. The problem with Italy is that they are not producing a lot. A solution would be to create a trade between Germany and Italy for Germany to send Production points (in addition to Oil points if needed). Production points that will be used for the repair.

Just to confirm, did you patch the game to the latest version i.e. 1.00.07?

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to Ostwindflak)
Post #: 3
RE: ships won't repair?? - 5/26/2020 8:39:11 PM   
christhegeek

I'll try and up my allocation of reinforcements/upgrades/repair, but the thing is I wrote down the strengths of ALL of the navy, let them all set w/o any priorities and NONE of them repaired. How can one tell how much is needed in reinforcements/upgrades/repair. If I put 100% of my economy into reinforcements/upgrades/repair will it only take what it can use or will it all be gone?

So there is no logging or report to see how resources are used, right?

Also, yes the game is 1.07 via Steam so it keeps current. Italy is already importing PP and oil via convoys, I wish there was a way of telling how much was needed and where it is going.

< Message edited by christhegeek -- 5/26/2020 8:42:07 PM >

(in reply to Ostwindflak)
Post #: 4
RE: ships won't repair?? - 5/26/2020 8:58:31 PM   
ncc1701e

Agree this is just a guess today, I have no idea of what is needed for a particular unit. My strategy is the following:
1. During phoney war phase, I am putting 0 for reinforcements & upgrades. My goal is to produce the maximum of units.
2. After taking casualties, i.e. active fighting, I am usually putting production of new units on hold and assign everything to reinforcements, upgrades and repair.
3. When I see the Upkeep value decreasing, I know I am in a good shape to go back to point number 1.

You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to christhegeek)
Post #: 5
RE: ships won't repair?? - 5/29/2020 9:14:07 PM   
Dalwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

Agree this is just a guess today, I have no idea of what is needed for a particular unit. My strategy is the following:
1. During phoney war phase, I am putting 0 for reinforcements & upgrades. My goal is to produce the maximum of units.
2. After taking casualties, i.e. active fighting, I am usually putting production of new units on hold and assign everything to reinforcements, upgrades and repair.
3. When I see the Upkeep value decreasing, I know I am in a good shape to go back to point number 1.

You don't need to put zero on upgrades during the Sitzkrieg. If there are not yet any finished research projects to allow for upgrades, those points will just go to the stockpile and be used to make new units anyway. Points sent to reinforce/upgrade only get spent there if needed. You certainly don't want any damage units may have taken in Poland to not be repaired before France.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 6
RE: ships won't repair?? - 5/29/2020 9:33:37 PM   
ncc1701e

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dalwin

You don't need to put zero on upgrades during the Sitzkrieg. If there are not yet any finished research projects to allow for upgrades, those points will just go to the stockpile and be used to make new units anyway. Points sent to reinforce/upgrade only get spent there if needed. You certainly don't want any damage units may have taken in Poland to not be repaired before France.

Agree to repair units before France but I have some other priorities just after Poland.

(in reply to Dalwin)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> ships won't repair?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI