Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loading Crewless Atty?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Loading Crewless Atty? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loading Crewless Atty? - 8/8/2003 1:27:29 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

Is there any way to load crewless atty pieces onto transports? I've set up a scenario where I want to load some crewless atty pieces onto transports for a resupply convoy. I've started turn one and decrewed the weapons. Then I saved the game and renamed the sav files as the scen files and transfered them to the scen folder. So far so good. However, when I load the scenario into the editor, every time I try to load the pieces onto a transport, I keep getting told the unit is 'fleeing'. Heelllp! :rolleyes: Thanks!

Eric Maietta

Post #: 1
I may be wrong.... - 8/10/2003 12:17:13 AM   
Orzel Bialy

and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am ;) but I believe that if an arty piece is made to be abandoned, then the crew must re-man it before it can be transported.

In a way it does make sense, as there would need to be someone to hitch the gun up to the truck after all.

My suggestion is at setup take the gun crews, cut them down to maybe two men instead of the normal 4 or 5 man crews...and then load them on the trucks. This way the truck can drive up on the gun...dismount the crew and have them man the gun for a turn...and then load the piece the following turn if all goes well. :D

Just remember that each crew has to go back to it's original piece though! ;)

(in reply to AbsntMndedProf)
Post #: 2
- 8/10/2003 9:13:51 PM   
RockinHarry

Just as Ken said, if a unit is abandoned, then the crew less remains are in fact non existent to SPWAW game routines and the AI. I already had the same idea long ago , but had to quickly abandon it again too.:( The "abandoned" thing leaves its (invisible) marks on the map though, some "wreck" flag is set internally (for vehicles only I think) and a "wreck" hex then has certain effects on the hex.
Btw, the "fleeing" message actually means nothing. I think the "load abandoned stuff" thing is simply not handled properly by the game message-wise IMHO.

Interesting idea Ken! Do you know of the "assault boat" bug that you can use to fill up depleted crews, infantry ect?:D :cool:
Check out the Ardennes44 scenario (V7.1 edition) and "replacement" units.:eek: :D

have fun

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

Post #: 3
Harry... - 8/11/2003 1:35:29 AM   
Orzel Bialy

Yes, I remember reading a thread on the infamous assault boat bug. :D

Nothing like having a miracle boat sitting on the beach that can replenish your losses for you! lol :p

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Loading Crewless Atty? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI