Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

R&D

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> R&D Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
R&D - 6/13/2019 3:17:47 AM   
Murdock

Hello everyone
Played this game in the old "Talonsoft" version and as the early Matrixgame.
I would like to give it a try after the last patches but I can not figure out how R&D works now.
There is nothing about it in the manual.
Thank you for your help.

Post #: 1
RE: R&D - 6/13/2019 7:02:40 PM   
simovitch

In 1.03 we included a manual on how the new defender side aircraft replacement production works, and included a paragraph about R&D:

RESEARCH - You can accelerate R&D of future aircraft (like the Me 262) by producing replacements (i.e. prototypes) for that aircraft ahead of schedule. At game start a counter is fixed at a certain number of research points required (RPR). Each day the RPR is decremented by an arbitrary fixed value. The RPR is again decrement by one for each (limited to maximum of 10) assembled prototype (Assembly, Components & Engine) produced.

Basically you need to start producing complete aircraft which also requires retooling some factories to get the process moving. I don't know offhand what the initial RPR is for the aircraft, but I think harley wanted it to be an unknown quantity.

simovitch

(in reply to Murdock)
Post #: 2
RE: R&D - 12/24/2019 6:07:38 AM   
mark dolby

Hi.
If this helps then in my last full LW campaign I changed 10 lines/engines to FW 190D on turn 2 (1 and 2 capacity to speed the re-tooling) and got them into production in April '44.
I did 5 complete 262 which is 20 engines within a couple of weeks and it was available June '44.
And as Simovitch commented, 10 complete aircraft (frame,parts and engine required) per day is the maximum research that can speed up entry of the type.
You can build extra airframe and parts and stockpile these but engines are far too valuable and the production lines are limited, especially when using 4 per 262.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 3
RE: R&D - 12/25/2019 9:34:02 PM   
Mappo

Hi, What happens to the prototypes I build? Are they lost permanently or do I receive them in some experimental squadron like Erprobungskommando? Another question: the maximum number of prototypes per type of aircraft is 10 for the entire campaign, as I think I understand, or 10 a day as mentioned in Mark Dolby's previous post?
Thanks in advance

(in reply to mark dolby)
Post #: 4
RE: R&D - 12/26/2019 4:09:26 PM   
simovitch

10 per day theoretically. I believe the prototypes are regular replacements fed into groups who have that type.

simovitch

(in reply to Mappo)
Post #: 5
RE: R&D - 12/27/2019 3:35:22 PM   
mark dolby

I never saw any of those 262's so I think it is a trade off. You lose those prototypes but get an earlier entry into service. The early introduction of 190D's def made themselves felt. The gruppen listed late in the war with 262 already have those 'put aside' ready.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> R&D Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI