Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Supply rules in V1.03

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> New Supply rules in V1.03 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Supply rules in V1.03 - 8/20/2019 8:09:11 PM   
taffjones

Hi Bill/Hubert

Some initial feedback from playing the Axis, since the changes made in V1.03. From my point of view.

China is about right, the Japanese can make progress if they dedicate a lot of resources to it (at the expense of the Pacific and other theatres)

Russia now feels like the western front in WW1.

There is no point in trying to encircle or cut off Russia units, as I find that the units used will end up with supply level 4 or less.

This leaves them vulnerable to both counter attack from 2nd line units deployed further back or attrition losses.

I also find that even taking undefended towns, that the supply drop means that I have to pull the units back to regain supply, leaving the town empty for the Russians to re-occupy on their turn.

Playing against the AI, you end up facing a double wall of defending units after the initial turns, once it identifies your main offensive thrust. Which turns it into a meatgrinder war of attrition with the Russians able to buy back the destroyed units cheaper and with a quicker production time leading to a snowball effect.

I have changed the Tech's and units builds for Germany to Logistics so I can buy more HQ's and buying HQ's to chain them to try and increase the supply to the attacking units. With limited results, supply has improved but I am still finding the issues listed above.

I look forward to reading the feedback and experiences of other players.
Post #: 1
RE: New Supply rules in V1.03 - 8/21/2019 8:37:54 AM   
Hartmann

The "crowded" Russia problem is due to the reduced scale (in comparison with WiE), I don't think there will ever be a real solution for that in WaW.

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> New Supply rules in V1.03 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI