Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

EW in Russian Civil War Phase I

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> EW in Russian Civil War Phase I Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EW in Russian Civil War Phase I - 9/16/2019 3:52:01 AM   
Fido81

I'm playing Command with Chains of War. As far as I can tell, the game is working nominally. I just am confused about a particular mechanic I'm encountering.

I'm in the middle of the Russian Civil War - Phase I, 2004 (from the Community Scenario Pack) and enjoying it immensely. It's my first time going up against the Kola Peninsula (or any Integrated Air Defense System) on an operational level, and I'm intrigued by the problem that it is presenting.

The scenario includes EA-6Bs equipped with an AN/USQ-113(V)2 Communications Jammer. When it (and only it from the whole sensor suite) is active, the "JAM" notation appears above the unit. I was confused by this, because the online literature suggests that the functionality isn't actually there because I'm not using the Professional Edition. What Electronic Warfare effect, if any, is being produced here by the jamming sensor?

Additionally, what is the default in-game behavior, if any, for an individual Command player with Chains of War when they activate a communications jamming suite on one of their units?
Post #: 1
RE: EW in Russian Civil War Phase I - 9/16/2019 5:58:09 AM   
Dimitris

Hi,

Comms jamming is enabled in-code only in Command-PE, as you mention. You can, however, simulate it through scripting. If you can, have a look at "Bekaa Valley" (last scenario of "Shifting Sands" campaign) for an example of this.

(in reply to Fido81)
Post #: 2
RE: EW in Russian Civil War Phase I - 9/17/2019 2:42:14 AM   
Fido81

I want to respectfully suggest Matrix remove the red "JAM" indicator when the only EW systems active on a unit are communications jammers, in non-PE C:MANO builds. I find it really confusing.

Also, I unfortunately do not have the Shifting Sands campaign (though it is at the top of my list of DLCs I want to get). Can you recommend a community scenario that does the same thing?

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
RE: EW in Russian Civil War Phase I - 9/17/2019 2:57:31 PM   
stilesw

Just my two˘ but I find the JAM indicator very useful and definitely vote to keep it as is.

-WS

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)

(in reply to Fido81)
Post #: 4
RE: EW in Russian Civil War Phase I - 9/18/2019 12:26:15 AM   
Fido81

quote:

ORIGINAL: stilesw

Just my two˘ but I find the JAM indicator very useful and definitely vote to keep it as is.

-WS

I also find the JAM indicator very useful, and certainly don't want the devs to do away with it.

I'm only suggesting that there should be a change in its behavior in an edge case - when the only active jammers on a unit are comms jammers, in a non-PE build. In this instance, no comms jamming is happening (unless there's scripting involved, but that's by definition not default behavior), and no other jamming is happening either. I find the indicator's presence misleading in this relatively rare circumstance.

< Message edited by Fido81 -- 9/18/2019 12:31:40 AM >

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> EW in Russian Civil War Phase I Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI