Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing window

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Missing window Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing window - 9/23/2019 9:43:16 PM   
Javstein

Sometimes I use two monitors to play. But when I play with a single monitor, the land combat selection and resolution window does not appear and of course I cannot continue playing. Until I realize that it only appears when I play with the two monitors and previously I have to select my second monitor as the main.
I don't know if it's a game problem or a problem with the configuration of my monitors.
Post #: 1
RE: Missing window - 9/24/2019 9:36:40 AM   
Divadov

Yeah, some windows are showed behind the active window, so you can't access to the new windows and you must to restart the game.

I hope it is fixed in new update.

(in reply to Javstein)
Post #: 2
RE: Missing window - 9/24/2019 5:08:15 PM   
paulderynck

You can try moving the window that is in front, or pressing Alt-Tab a few times.

Paul

(in reply to Divadov)
Post #: 3
RE: Missing window - 9/27/2019 4:18:20 PM   
Javstein

I have reinstalled the game, but the window still does not appear.
But thanks guys.

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 4
RE: Missing window - 9/27/2019 8:10:26 PM   
Centuur

When you have only one monitor, the place of the command form is important. It should not be in the right or left upper corner of the screen, but a somewhere in the middle. If it's in either corner, it might stop forms from appearing.

Attachment (1)

Peter

(in reply to Javstein)
Post #: 5
RE: Missing window - 9/29/2019 10:37:37 AM   
Divadov

Good note!!!

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 6
RE: Missing window - 12/1/2019 8:30:19 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Javstein

Sometimes I use two monitors to play. But when I play with a single monitor, the land combat selection and resolution window does not appear and of course I cannot continue playing. Until I realize that it only appears when I play with the two monitors and previously I have to select my second monitor as the main.
I don't know if it's a game problem or a problem with the configuration of my monitors.

The program saves where the Land Combat Resolution form should be shown. That information is in the SLY file. See Players Manual Vol 2 for all the gory details.

What you can do is create a second SLY file, one for 2 monitors and one for 1 monitor. For the 1 monitor SLY file, the easiest thing to do is to start a new Barbarossa game, get to the first land combat resolution phase and saved the SLY file under a new name (e.g., One_Monitor.SLY). Then whenever you are using only one monitor, switch to that SLY file.

You will most likely have to redefine the SLY file multiple times - once for each major power in the game.

Another way to go is to create the second SLY file by using a text editor (NotePad would work). You will need to be careful and adept with editing text. Again the Players Manual Vol 2 has all the details on the data in the SLY files.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Javstein)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Missing window Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI