Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Helicopter Attack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> MODS and Scenarios >> Helicopter Attack Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Helicopter Attack - 10/14/2019 11:20:09 PM   
jason oates

Having read a book called "Air War - Central Europe" by Alfred Price and focusing on a chapter about the Army Air Corp i thought perfect. It said that the lynx and Gazelles would be used en-masse to counter a break through. This would mean 4 Gazelle and as many as 24 Lynx attacking an armoured column and engaging in a very short space of time from cover in a good ambush position at long range. Delivering nearly 100 TOW onto a target in a matter of seconds plus artillery and air strikes was felt to be a very heavy blow and to be used as a counter break through measure. Simulating this is another matter however. Helicopters seem to relish being blown out of the sky and are not the stealthy stalkers they have been made out to be. Can any one create a scenario that reflects this type of attack to see how the simulation deals with it?
Post #: 1
RE: Helicopter Attack - 10/15/2019 4:23:21 AM   
DoubleDeuce

I am at work and can't do anything till tomorrow but I could give it a shot. How big of an 'armored column' are we talking?

(in reply to jason oates)
Post #: 2
RE: Helicopter Attack - 10/15/2019 10:53:21 PM   
jason oates

I thought perhaps a Motor Rifle Regiment reduced by some attrition and then perhaps try a tank regiment to see the difference in action.

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 3
RE: Helicopter Attack - 10/20/2019 12:39:10 PM   
DoubleDeuce

My testing, probably smaller scale than you want, seems to even out with a 1 for 1 kill ratio where I am basically losing the same number of helicopters as I kill tanks. Truth be told though I am still getting familiar with how to operate helos in this game system.

(in reply to jason oates)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> MODS and Scenarios >> Helicopter Attack Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI