Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign - Force Pool Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Campaign - Force Pool Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign - Force Pool Question - 12/30/2020 11:11:41 AM   
VonVolks

In a longer campaign or Operation, how quickly do wounded troops return to duty / force pool?

My heroic attackers were massacred in a recent battle but although casualties were huge (51 total!!!) actual killed was only 8.

We are playing the GC, and in the 1st operation we played my force pool was totally exhausted by the end of it, so I wanted to get a feel for how quickly depleted rifle teams etc will "build back" manpower...

Also as I am playing US side, will my experienced troops who get lightly wounded return to duty in the next operation etc?

Any info is helpful cheers!
Post #: 1
RE: Campaign - Force Pool Question - 12/30/2020 10:40:06 PM   
ineffable

Kill:Wounded casualty ratios are noticeably lower than classic CC. Some wounded soldiers do return.

Quid si

(in reply to VonVolks)
Post #: 2
RE: Campaign - Force Pool Question - 12/31/2020 9:25:23 AM   
VonVolks

Thanks, and any idea how quickly depleted squads get replenished with replacements etc?

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 3
RE: Campaign - Force Pool Question - 12/31/2020 4:45:00 PM   
SteveMcClaire

You start each new operation with a pool of replacement soldiers and every night you'll receive more. For the US Army it is about 30% of the amount you are under strength (or a guess at expected losses at the start of the operation.) For the Germans and Italians it is about 5%. This amount is adjusted for your game difficulty setting.

Lightly wounded (yellow health marker) soldiers have a chance to return to duty every night and will automatically return between operations. Seriously wounded soldiers have a chance to return at the end of every operation but have no automatic return time -- so it's possible they'll be out for the rest of the game, especially if only have a few operations left.

(in reply to VonVolks)
Post #: 4
RE: Campaign - Force Pool Question - 1/1/2021 7:47:07 AM   
VonVolks

Thanks Steve, great info.... Happy New Year!

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 5
RE: Campaign - Force Pool Question - 1/1/2021 8:03:04 PM   
VonVolks

My brother as the Germans has had armoured forces a few time, and asks that what's the rules on Vehicles being available / unavailable?

E.g on round 1 of an operation he had tanks... they did not get damaged..... but then in a later phase, eg a prepared attack on same day, the tanks were no longer available?

(in reply to VonVolks)
Post #: 6
RE: Campaign - Force Pool Question - 1/2/2021 2:11:40 PM   
ineffable

Each map in an operation or campaign has its own main force and support OOB for the Axis, and a different support OOB for the US. Only the US main force OOB is persistant in battles on different maps.

Quid si

(in reply to VonVolks)
Post #: 7
RE: Campaign - Force Pool Question - 1/2/2021 3:56:05 PM   
VonVolks

Thanks Ineffable, so are you saying its random the allocation of forces for Axis (as my bro is playing Germans)?

He had selected some tanks in one of the operations and even though they were not damaged through use in the encounter, they were no longer available in the next battle? (same map)

He wants to know if he can "plan" for availability for operations, as his confidence was shaken when his armour resources disappeared for no apparent reason.....

Is there any sort of methodology to things like that?

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 8
RE: Campaign - Force Pool Question - 1/2/2021 4:38:20 PM   
ineffable

Force allocation for the Axis isnt random. In fact, you can cycle thru all the single battles to see what's available to each side, at each difficulty, on each map. AFAIK, undamaged vehicles shouldnt disappear from the unit roster between battle on the same map. However, there may be 'hidden' vehicle damage that was only indicated by those floating damage icons. Im not sure that hull damage gets visibly noted anywhere other than at the time the icon is seen.

Attachment (1)

Quid si

(in reply to VonVolks)
Post #: 9
RE: Campaign - Force Pool Question - 1/4/2021 9:49:37 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Likely the vehicles were damaged or lost crew members that couldn't be replaced. I will look at adding indicator icons (like the low morale / low strength / low ammo icons) to help make this more obvious in the post-battle soldier screen.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Campaign - Force Pool Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI