Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DoW-ed minor units start with 0 supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> DoW-ed minor units start with 0 supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DoW-ed minor units start with 0 supply - 12/21/2019 1:13:28 AM   
El Condoro

I assume I am missing something but for my custom campaign, when a minor is DoW-ed, its units start on zero supply. That means that get rolled over, which I don't want. Looking at WiE, it seems this is done by design - Belgium and Netherlands units all start at 0 supply, I assume to replicate the surprise German attack. What if the designer wants the minor to be ready for war?

How do I set a non-mobilized minor to start at full supply when it is attacked?

Cheers

*: Further, the unit I am using as a test case is in a settlement (Supply = 5) with 2 entrenchment levels. On the turn the DoW is made it has zero supply but reverts to 5 supply on its next turn. (If it is attacked it doesn't last to that next turn - I left it to see what would happen to its supply level).

< Message edited by El Condoro -- 12/21/2019 11:24:22 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: DoW-ed minor units start with 0 supply - 12/21/2019 8:16:49 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi

Any units belonging to a minor will have zero supply when they are declared war upon, to reflect the surprising and successful "Blitzkrieg" nature of war in 1939-41.

But if you want them to resist the first turn's attack better then giving their units some experience points will make that initial attack harder, and/or increasing their entrenchment values if they aren't already at the maximum.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to El Condoro)
Post #: 2
RE: DoW-ed minor units start with 0 supply - 12/21/2019 9:18:52 PM   
El Condoro

Got it. Thanks. This is a purely hypothetical campaign in a non-WW2 environment, so I was hoping to be able to set a minor as if they expected and prepared for the attack. No problem - the good thing about non-historical campaigns is the freedom to be really creative about workarounds! No-one can say that didn't happen in reality. :)

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> DoW-ed minor units start with 0 supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI