Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix version updater issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support >> Matrix version updater issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix version updater issue - 11/5/2019 11:55:07 PM   
scout1

Game updater not working. Doe NOT behave like all the other Matrix game updaters … tries to simultaneously create handle and download update … and fails …. Think this is a Matrix updater issue ....
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix version updater issue - 11/6/2019 12:19:07 AM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

Game updater not working. Doe NOT behave like all the other Matrix game updaters … tries to simultaneously create handle and download update … and fails …. Think this is a Matrix updater issue ....

And out of curiosity …. When I go to my Matrix My Page and check War Plan, does it NOT list any game update past 1.00.02 (Nov 1) …. what about 1.00.02.01 ??????

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix version updater issue - 11/6/2019 4:26:27 AM   
Raver508

Same issue here, although matrix updater never works for me on any of my games. I would like to get 1.00.02.01 on the download page so I can update as well!

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix version updater issue - 11/6/2019 4:58:35 AM   
Radagy

Raver, try using FileZilla or another FTP client.

(in reply to Raver508)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix version updater issue - 11/6/2019 6:11:56 AM   
Raver508

I dont know what you mean I'm afraid. Use FileZilla to do what?

(in reply to Radagy)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix version updater issue - 11/6/2019 6:38:46 AM   
zakblood

installing the game and running the game as admin sets up the correct file permissions for the game and updater to get past most firewalls, so unless you're using something less unfriendly, it works, and also does grab the latest 1.00.02.01 as shown by mine

if it doesn't you will need to manually alter the firewall to accept the game to access the internet to update.

so as long as you use a admin account on windows and install and run the game as admin, the updater works perfectly fine, tested it more than a few times on windows 10 myself with the default install and none default install eg somewhere else on another drive etc with the default firewall and AV running, and it worked perfectly, if your using a 3rd party firewall and or AV or combi even, as long as it's game friendly it will or should still work as installing and running as admin, if it doesn't, it's not a very good and game friendly one, but even that can be got around by added exceptions to the program manually.

pm me if you wish to do this privately and mention what AV / firewall or combo your using and i'll grab the information online for you on how to alter that program and pm you back asap

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 11/6/2019 6:45:34 AM >

(in reply to Raver508)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix version updater issue - 11/6/2019 6:47:25 AM   
Radagy

It's software to download files by connecting to a FTP Server, but I see now that you don't really need to use it.
Just connect with your browser to ftp.eu.matrixgames.com/pub/WarPlan/ and pick the file you want to download.

(in reply to Raver508)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix version updater issue - 11/6/2019 6:57:51 AM   
Radagy

Zakbolood, I spent a whole day mailing Matrix Support to make the Update Tool work, but we didn't make it.
To me, direct download was the simplest solution.

(in reply to Radagy)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix version updater issue - 11/6/2019 7:05:35 AM   
Raver508

Thanks guys. I've managed to direct download from the link Radagy posted above. I did try running the updater in admin mode, turning off all firewalls and antivirus protection, and that didnt seem to help though. Wonder if installing the game as admin would have helped. All good for now anyway, and thanks again.

(in reply to Radagy)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix version updater issue - 11/6/2019 7:15:41 AM   
zakblood

turning on either the firewall or AV is one not recommend and no doesn't set the right permissions either, so for most depending on O/S etc still wouldn't work, some use safe mode where both still work but in a limited mode sometimes works for some, but yes a direct link should always work better as long as your browser lets you grab the file etc, glad your sorted

(in reply to Raver508)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support >> Matrix version updater issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI