Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Base supply max

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Base supply max Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Base supply max - 11/30/2019 12:03:39 AM   
Professor Chaos

I couldn't find a mention of this in the manual or on a search:

Some bases have a 'max' in parenthesis after the title supply, for example Singapore:
Supply(max 12600)

What does the max number represent? At first I thought it was the spoilage limit, but Singapore should be too big for spoilage so that doesn't seem right.
Post #: 1
RE: Base supply max - 11/30/2019 12:08:16 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Chaos

I couldn't find a mention of this in the manual or on a search:

Some bases have a 'max' in parenthesis after the title supply, for example Singapore:
Supply(max 12600)

What does the max number represent? At first I thought it was the spoilage limit, but Singapore should be too big for spoilage so that doesn't seem right.

Professor Chaos,

Which screen with the supply are you referring to? There's probably half a dozen screens where you could see information about a city's supply levels / max where the number you cite means something different contextually.

Can you post a screenshot? Those are usually helpful.

(in reply to Professor Chaos)
Post #: 2
RE: Base supply max - 11/30/2019 6:35:23 AM   
Professor Chaos

I'll try to post a screenshot tomorrow. But it's the basic base information screen you get by clicking on a base, in the portion that lists how much supply is at the base.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Base supply max - 11/30/2019 7:59:18 AM   
Alfred

Bases which are subject to the effects of the monsoon, have a dai8ly cap on the quantity of supplies they can receive automatically overland.

Alfred

Post #: 4
RE: Base supply max - 11/30/2019 2:47:40 PM   
witpqs

The monsoon runs from May 15 to Oct 15 and is only for bases that have max draw (aka daily supply cap) in Burma and along the India/Burma border. BTW that is in the malaria zone too.

Also some bases in Australia (central and NW) have a daily supply cap which applies year-round.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 5
RE: Base supply max - 11/30/2019 5:07:59 PM   
ITAKLinus

Still, Singapore is out of the monsoon area. He shouldn't have the restrictions that are in place for monsoon-affected areas.

Or I am missing something? Honestly, without the game in front of me I make a mess in remembering which screen shows what. But I am fairly sure that Singapore is out of the monsoon-affected area.

Francesco

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 6
RE: Base supply max - 11/30/2019 6:19:28 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: ITAKLinus

Still, Singapore is out of the monsoon area. He shouldn't have the restrictions that are in place for monsoon-affected areas.

Or I am missing something? Honestly, without the game in front of me I make a mess in remembering which screen shows what. But I am fairly sure that Singapore is out of the monsoon-affected area.

Agree. AFAIK any base could be set to have a daily supply cap in the scenario file, and if the monsoon flag is set it only applies during monsoon otherwise all the time. I don't know of any mods which did that to Singapore.

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 7
RE: Base supply max - 11/30/2019 7:33:51 PM   
Professor Chaos

This is outside monsoon season (late December 1941).

However, it's Andy Mac's revised Scenario 2 (here). Maybe he tweaked the supply caps?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 8
RE: Base supply max - 11/30/2019 9:28:34 PM   
witpqs

Any supply cap is shown in the base display, so when he gets a chance to look it he'll see it if it's there.

Post #: 9
RE: Base supply max - 11/30/2019 11:00:39 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Chaos

This is outside monsoon season (late December 1941).

However, it's Andy Mac's revised Scenario 2 (here). Maybe he tweaked the supply caps?

Yes, he did. Quite a few locations have this feature in the revised scenarios.

Post #: 10
RE: Base supply max - 12/1/2019 6:10:19 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs
AFAIK any base could be set to have a daily supply cap in the scenario file, and if the monsoon flag is set it only applies during monsoon otherwise all the time.

If a supply cap is set, it is applied all the time. If the base has the monsoon flag set, the supply cap is halfed during monsoon season. For example, a base with monsoon flag and a supply cap of 1200 will receive max 1200 supplies per day outside the monsoon season and max 600 supplies per day during the monsoon season. I'm pretty sure about this, I have run multiple sandbox tests because I use supply caps extensively in my mod.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 11
RE: Base supply max - 12/1/2019 11:27:28 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs
AFAIK any base could be set to have a daily supply cap in the scenario file, and if the monsoon flag is set it only applies during monsoon otherwise all the time.

If a supply cap is set, it is applied all the time. If the base has the monsoon flag set, the supply cap is halfed during monsoon season. For example, a base with monsoon flag and a supply cap of 1200 will receive max 1200 supplies per day outside the monsoon season and max 600 supplies per day during the monsoon season. I'm pretty sure about this, I have run multiple sandbox tests because I use supply caps extensively in my mod.

I'm pretty sure the developers never said anything about what you found with monsoon season bases.

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 12
RE: Base supply max - 12/1/2019 5:51:44 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Alfred might be able to dig something official up.

This has been posted back in 2010 by Joel Szabat aka Blackhorse who was on the AE design team:

quote:

The way the new restriction works is that the amount of supply a base can receive per day is X x (Port+AF+Fort) so a base that is a trail base with no main road or rail connection may have a value of 50 say it starts as port 0, af 0, fort 3 then that means the base can receive 50 x 3 or 150 tonnes of supply per day over the jungle trails. During the monsoon season all bases are reduced to 50% of normal capacity therefore the base will only receive 75 tons per day by land.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 13
RE: Base supply max - 12/1/2019 6:45:38 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Alfred might be able to dig something official up.

This has been posted back in 2010 by Joel Szabat aka Blackhorse who was on the AE design team:

quote:

The way the new restriction works is that the amount of supply a base can receive per day is X x (Port+AF+Fort) so a base that is a trail base with no main road or rail connection may have a value of 50 say it starts as port 0, af 0, fort 3 then that means the base can receive 50 x 3 or 150 tonnes of supply per day over the jungle trails. During the monsoon season all bases are reduced to 50% of normal capacity therefore the base will only receive 75 tons per day by land.

Wow, I don't remember seeing that.

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Base supply max Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI