Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some criticisms of FPRS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Some criticisms of FPRS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some criticisms of FPRS - 1/11/2020 9:35:17 AM   
coucoucoucou

I collected some criticisms from some Chinese Flashpoint Campaigns players, they concluded some ideas, hoping that the new game can make some changes or improvements.

It seems that most ideas focus on the weapons. I also hold the same view that Soviet armaments should be strengthened to match reality.

About Soviet Army
In FPRS, Soviet tanks can not make a successful attack without 10:1 advantage. Also they can not make a successful defense without 3:1 advantage.(In extreme cases)
The battle performance of Soviet BMP series vehicle is underestimated. Normally they can not make a successful AT missile launch during the operation, or with a quite low probability to do such. Also the defense is too low, a machine gun attack could also destroy the vehicle.
The Soviet reconnaissance force was extremely weak and the relative number was very small. BRDM2 has no strength and can not destroy any enemy, and its own survivability is very poor, so basically I call out a tank company to do the reconnaissance, but the mobility is poor.
Soviet SA14 air defense missile is extremely weak I usually send them out for detection(and let them be destroyed by enemy).

About helicopter
The battle efficiency of Helicopter is extremely low, totally opposite against the reality

It is too rigid to have only 3 way points
For example, I want a unit to defend A for 30 minutes covering other units and then continue to attack. If it is allowed to wait for 30 minutes at Command 2, the unit will always maintain the "ASSAULT" state instead of the HOLD / SCREEN state. As a result, the efficiency of the troops has been severely reduced and it is impossible to provide covering.

Intelligence is too general, please tell me about the overall strength of the enemy, such as how many battalions and divisions,X-XX tanks are completely meaningless.

Other ideas are about UI and Southern Storm had already made a lot of improvements so I omit them.
Post #: 1
RE: Some criticisms of FPRS - 1/11/2020 3:32:35 PM   
CapnDarwin

Let me hit these points in reverse order.

1). Intel. We are adding a good number of new information type dialogs that should add more specific information on a number of subjects. Some of the specific "who am I fighting?" comes from the breifings with each scenario. In some scenarios, like real life, you don't have a full picture of what you are dealing with.

2). Waypoints and control. Being reworked in Southern Storm to have more flexibility. More info on this down the road.

3). Perceived strength or weakness of a platform or weapon system. This is a subjective object. Depending on situation and use, a tank or any other unit can look unstoppable or be as fragile as glass. We have had a full bell curve of responses over the years, but most feel things are about where they should be. The one nice thing about the game engine is the ability to go in and make your own edits and change values to suite your data and experiance with various systems. We did our best to take open-source information and grade it the best we could. We had no bias for any side. For example, the BRDM-2 you reference has less than 10mm of armor and a 14.5mm machine gun as its main weapons. In reality, it is not going to kill AFVs. Might take out jeeps and trucks and squads. It protection is basically versus small arms. It is a Recon asset and needs to try to hide and stay out of the shooting if it can.

Thanks for the inputs. We do value everyones inputs and we hope everyone will see that with the changes coming with Southern Storm.

OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to coucoucoucou)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Some criticisms of FPRS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI