Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese opponent for Big B Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Japanese opponent for Big B Mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese opponent for Big B Mod - 11/3/2019 8:00:58 PM   
spence

I'd like to play the Big B Mod as Allies in a relatively relaxed game.

In this mod the major changes are:
1) The Chinese are stronger but are divided into 3 separate "armies": Central Army Corps (well equipped, moderate experience and morale and totally under Allied Player control), Regional Army Corps (not so well equipped, relatively low experience and morale and many units immobile*), and Warlord Armies (poor equipment, low experience and morale and all immobile*).
(*: Immobile units which are attacked and forced to retreat become mobile thereafter).
China receives extra daily supply independent of the Western Allies but not useable by them.

2) USN torpedoes start with 80% dud rate at start but get partially fixed to 50% duds in March 1942. That rate continues into 1943 finally achieving 10% duds in Oct 43 (as in Vanilla).

3) The IJN/IJA receive extra air units

4) Garrison requirements for BOTH SIDES are greatly increased so that successful offenses in China tend to drain off resources protecting whatever has been captured.

The game is played on the "vanilla" map however there are some extra bases (which do not figure into the AI's calculations).

The basic premise of the game is that China was and is a stalemated war and that Japan must seek victory fighting the Western Allies.

Standard Options but open to discussion on any as well as House Rules (if any).
Post #: 1
RE: Japanese opponent for Big B Mod - 12/24/2019 12:43:05 AM   
CmdrMctoast2

I have not played in years but am looking to get back into the game,
Id take you on again if interested, I just need to load big B Mod study it and figure out an opening move not as
aggressive as before as I forgot all that I had done back then.

The essence of military genius is to bring under consideration all of the tendencies of the mind and soul in combination towards the business of war.....

Karl von Clausewitz

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Japanese opponent for Big B Mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI