Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Just wanted to thank all the

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Just wanted to thank all the Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just wanted to thank all the - 3/23/2020 1:34:46 AM   
Model1950

deplorables who have to work during this sht storm going on around the world, plumbers, electricals, power plant workers, tissue/pulp mill workers (toilet paper), loggers,pharmaceutical workers, sanitation workers,
farmers, truckers,chemical plant workers, oil industry, coal industry, all the food packing plants and food industry from field to store, warehouse workers,
dock workers, fishing industry + all the companies that support these industries.

50% - 60% of the work force is going to be working though is disaster or we will have no water, food, heat, gas, light ect ect 3-4 months from now.

We are not in the front lines, but we are the supply chain tring to keep the front line troops supplied.

Just wanted to Thank the troops, first responders, Doctors and all health care workers.

Post #: 1
RE: Just wanted to thank all the - 3/23/2020 1:44:40 AM   
demyansk

I agree, thanks For keeping things moving and getting our Great country back to the heights of My Everest. The greatest place, I love USA.

(in reply to Model1950)
Post #: 2
RE: Just wanted to thank all the - 3/23/2020 1:57:59 AM   
RangerJoe

Yes, I agree as well.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 3
RE: Just wanted to thank all the - 3/23/2020 2:18:14 AM   
Rebel Yell

Indeed, the country runs on their hard working backs.

Praise God for every one of them.

I used to enjoy these forums. So many people that need the green dot now.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 4
RE: Just wanted to thank all the - 3/23/2020 4:39:25 AM   
ncc1701e

I agree, thank you very much to them.

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to Model1950)
Post #: 5
RE: Just wanted to thank all the - 3/23/2020 8:15:14 AM   
vonRocko

"deplorables" ? You want to thank us, but call us deplorable? I'll assume that is some sort of typo error.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 6
RE: Just wanted to thank all the - 3/23/2020 11:15:47 AM   
MrsWargamer

I concur, there are a lot of people we owe gratitude to.

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 7
RE: Just wanted to thank all the - 3/23/2020 4:31:11 PM   
ThunderLizard11

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

"deplorables" ? You want to thank us, but call us deplorable? I'll assume that is some sort of typo error.

It's a bad joke from Hilary's campaign as I recall.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 8
RE: Just wanted to thank all the - 3/23/2020 7:53:06 PM   
asl3d

In many hospitals, along with the doctors and patients who multiply in their work to manage the indescribable number of patients who come due to the coronavirus, there are also priests who also carry out an impressive spiritual work. And their help is not only focused on very sick patients, but also, increasingly, on the health professionals themselves who see dozens of people die and helplessly experience the advance of the virus.
Furthermore, there are more and more priests among the victims. In Italy there have already been 50 deaths, the youngest of them at just 45 years old.
There are several testimonies that are known of chaplains in hospitals collapsed by the coronavirus. One of them is that of Angelo Rossi, an Italian priest, chaplain of the small hospital in Treviglio, a center that is seeing 75 people die of coronavirus a week.
The chaplain is claimed in the hallways by doctors and nurses. One of the aspects that this chaplain highlights is the spiritual assistance that doctors, nurses and the rest of the health personnel are demanding, and even the security guards who watch over there. When they see him go through the corridors they stop him, ask him to pray for them, or directly cry over helplessness and tiredness. His day-to-day life consists of short visits to the rooms where the sick are: he recites some prayers with them, blesses them, imparts the sacrament of confession or the Eucharist. Many ask for the Anointing of the Sick, but Don Angelo is angry when he associates only with the dying. "It is the sacrament of healing, in which we ask the Lord for the strength to face a moment of physical or spiritual fragility, not just the last request for forgiveness and repentance that must be made before leaving."
Father Rossi is on the edge, as his work goes on day and night. Security guards, after long shifts, collapse in front of him for preventing family members of patients who are dying from entering. Thus, they come to ask him to confess after years completely estranged from God. And he talks about situations like when he meets nurses in the hallways who cry and ask him to pray for a patient, or doctors, who also break down crying, because they have had to tell a family member that there are not enough machines to support a being wanted alive.
"All this reminds us all that man is very small if such a small virus manages to bring entire nations to their knees," says Father Rossi. "Here, I rediscovered that we are creatures, that we need greater love. In these weeks I have met men and women from whom I learn every day, and I discover that, although their hearts are full of questions, they are still totally dedicated to caring for those who come, just as Jesus would have done.” And he adds that “serving the most fragile, the sick, is a privilege. I am sure that every face that I find inside these pavilions has the suffering face of Jesus.”

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to ThunderLizard11)
Post #: 9
RE: Just wanted to thank all the - 3/23/2020 8:57:32 PM   
coachi

Once Churchill gave a speech specifically thanking the janitors of the underground subway system for winning the war. Since it served as a bomb shelter and even living quarters for many of london's people - he stated that it would have been unlivable if not for them.

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 10
RE: Just wanted to thank all the - 3/23/2020 11:24:03 PM   
IslandInland

quote:

ORIGINAL: Model1950

deplorables

No politics allowed here.

Everyone is on the front line with this thing. Absolutely everyone...

War In The East 2 Beta Tester and
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
XXXCorps

(in reply to Model1950)
Post #: 11
RE: Just wanted to thank all the - 3/23/2020 11:38:20 PM   
warspite1

We are all in the firing line and have our duty to do (just heed the bloody expert advice you selfish whatsits) but certain professions are the ones 'going over the top' day in day out. I get to work from home while poor Mrs w has to go out to work as essential staff. Two nephews are working in hospitals too and are about as in the front line as its possible to get.

So yes Model1950 I echo your big shout to those who face additional danger and do it without complaint because its their job.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Model1950)
Post #: 12
RE: Just wanted to thank all the - 3/24/2020 12:06:22 AM   
Red2112

Spain applauses...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7WXzI4UT0A

< Message edited by Red2112 -- 3/24/2020 12:43:48 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 13
RE: Just wanted to thank all the - 3/25/2020 12:39:57 AM   
Blond_Knight

Im reminded of the joke from "The Killer Angels":

Les Miserables became Lee's Miserables.

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 14
RE: Just wanted to thank all the - 3/25/2020 10:44:16 AM   
GaryChildress

Thank you to everyone who is keeping society's most basic functions going! And thank you to all the health care professionals on the front lines!

(in reply to Blond_Knight)
Post #: 15
RE: Just wanted to thank all the - 3/25/2020 1:19:48 PM   
sPzAbt653

Special thanks to Maryland's government for running commercials that the Maryland National Guard is here to assist in humanitarian causes. Strange though, that they started these commercials ten days after the guard snuck into town and hid from sight.

Also thanks to local law firm Cordel and Cordel for advertising that they are running an on-line service for men with divorce issues. Way to go Cordel, no other firm sacrifices like you do.

And finally [for today], Plaza Ford for having special Coronavirus deals with cash back and low financing in order to help out in these trying times.

< Message edited by sPzAbt653 -- 3/25/2020 1:20:59 PM >

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Just wanted to thank all the Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI