Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Carriers not performing full action points

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Carriers not performing full action points Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carriers not performing full action points - 3/23/2020 1:24:55 AM   
HarrySmith

Score: 0
Hi Guys,
I have noticed in version 1.06 and version 1.061 that the carriers at times as soon as you move any distance end that units full turn without being able to attack or move again. For example I just moved British carrier from a port only 5 hexes and the circle underneath unit appeared indicating finished turn, I could not attack with it or move it again even though only 5 out of 16 action points used.
I have found this happens spasmodically and I have had it also with US carriers. Not sure if it is an axis problem as well. Please rectify as the said carriers as distinctly disadvantaged by it.
thanks
Harry
Post #: 1
RE: Carriers not performing full action points - 3/23/2020 1:55:03 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Hi Harry,

Can you confirm that this was not from having the Carrier in Naval Cruise? I just ask as I haven't been able to repeat this under regular movement, but if the Carrier was moving with Naval Cruise then this would indeed be the expected behaviour.

Hubert

(in reply to HarrySmith)
Post #: 2
RE: Carriers not performing full action points - 4/10/2020 2:33:43 AM   
HarrySmith

Hi Hubert,
No it is happening under regular movement. The example I gave was I moved only 5 hexes and it froze. It has cost me the loss of a carrier in a game due to not being able to move or attack even though technically you would have 11 action points to use. It only happens spasmodically. I am not sure if it has to do with if there is a maritime air unit within range? It is still happening. Frustrating when it does.
Harry

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Carriers not performing full action points - 4/10/2020 2:28:03 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Is it possible to send me a saved turn where this is repeatable with specific instructions on how to do this?

I just ask as I've tested but have been unable to do this so far.

If you do, please send to support@furysoftware.com and you can use https://wetransfer.com to send the file.

(in reply to HarrySmith)
Post #: 4
RE: Carriers not performing full action points - 4/10/2020 6:30:03 PM   
Elessar2

You might have wandered into a storm hex.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Carriers not performing full action points Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI