Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Getting a (FAILED-draw unit layer to buffer) crash. Iron Cross Map Mod.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Getting a (FAILED-draw unit layer to buffer) crash. Iron Cross Map Mod. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Getting a (FAILED-draw unit layer to buffer) crash. Iro... - 4/11/2020 6:51:15 PM   
Tanaka

Score: 0
This issue was fixed with the mod except I just got a similar crash when Japan Hiryu carrier was ready for placement and pressing ok. You can press cancel and place later and it works fine. This seems to still be happening only for new unit placements. (FAILED-draw unit layer to buffer)

Post #: 1
RE: Getting a (FAILED-draw unit layer to buffer) crash.... - 4/11/2020 9:37:54 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Hi Tanaka,

Thanks for the report and it might be a different error with just a similar message. Do you have a saved turn where this is repeatable? Or instructions on how to repeat it?

If you do, please send to support@furysoftware.com. You can send it via https://wetransfer.net

Hubert

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 2
RE: Getting a (FAILED-draw unit layer to buffer) crash.... - 4/11/2020 11:41:10 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Hi Tanaka,

Thanks for the report and it might be a different error with just a similar message. Do you have a saved turn where this is repeatable? Or instructions on how to repeat it?

If you do, please send to support@furysoftware.com. You can send it via https://wetransfer.net

Hubert

It's a MP game so no? Although I have had it happen in single player too.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Getting a (FAILED-draw unit layer to buffer) crash.... - 4/12/2020 5:19:39 PM   
James Taylor

I get constant lock-ups with the 42 campaign when selecting a unit or a function using the Iron Cross Mod. Doesn't seem to be any pattern, just all of a sudden. I have to get the task manager to get out of the game.

I've learned to save often to get around this. Already done a couple of fresh installs with no luck.

Anybody else have this problem?

SeaMonkey

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 4
RE: Getting a (FAILED-draw unit layer to buffer) crash.... - 4/13/2020 1:05:28 PM   
Hubert Cater

For both of these issues, does it happen if you are not running the IronX mod?

(in reply to James Taylor)
Post #: 5
RE: Getting a (FAILED-draw unit layer to buffer) crash.... - 4/14/2020 3:46:07 AM   
James Taylor

Just Iron X mod, so I noticed your other post that a 4.6 version was available. Got it and issue seems to be corrected. I'll need a few more turns to be sure, but thanks for the reply.

SeaMonkey

Post #: 6
RE: Getting a (FAILED-draw unit layer to buffer) crash.... - 4/14/2020 3:14:35 PM   
Hubert Cater

Good to know and thanks for the update.

(in reply to James Taylor)
Post #: 7
RE: Getting a (FAILED-draw unit layer to buffer) crash.... - 4/14/2020 5:52:30 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

For both of these issues, does it happen if you are not running the IronX mod?

Only IronX mod. The 4.6 update fixed the other issues. The only issue I have now is with the occasional placement of newly arrived units like this one. For some reason it only happens on turn start placement. If I press cancel and place them later it does not crash.

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 4/14/2020 6:17:15 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: Getting a (FAILED-draw unit layer to buffer) crash.... - 4/17/2020 5:24:13 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

Good to know and thanks for the update.

Ok I thought I had the latest version of the mod installed but I had 4.4. Updating to 4.6 to see if it fixes the problem...

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 4/17/2020 5:25:24 AM >

Post #: 9
RE: Getting a (FAILED-draw unit layer to buffer) crash.... - 4/18/2020 6:54:14 PM   
Tanaka

The upgrade seems to have fixed the issue I think!

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Getting a (FAILED-draw unit layer to buffer) crash. Iron Cross Map Mod. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI