Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Band of Brothers yet again?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Band of Brothers yet again? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Band of Brothers yet again? - 7/29/2003 1:12:42 AM   
IBTyrone

Hey all.

I've recently trolled through all the threads on this site downloading all the scenarios I could find as attachments. Many of the sites I attempted to go to as hyperlinks ([url]www.militarygamer.com[/url] in particular) to download scenarios did not work. However, I was able to get to the Raiders site for the first time today and Tankhead's site has worked like a charm all along.

Anyways, the reason for my trolling was that I got to watch Band of Brothers on DVD recently (not that I had the time to spare, but I did it anyways) and now would like to play some scenarios or campaigns based on the series. However, I can't find any of the scenarios listed in the forums other than Band of Brothers 1 which I've already downloaded.

I would like to get my hands on Wild Bill's "Airborne Action" scenario pack listed awhile back as well (Bryan Malvin's Merderet Minicampaign would be great too).

If you could point me in a direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
- 7/29/2003 2:11:05 AM   
M4Jess

I have a series of BoB in the new H2H version.

Jess

Im making war, not trouble~

(in reply to IBTyrone)
Post #: 2
Thanks for responding, Jess. - 7/29/2003 3:12:54 AM   
IBTyrone

I've seen several posts in regards to H2H, but other than the fact that it requires different files than SP:WAW 7.1 (which I have) I don't know that much else about H2H.

From what I've been able to gather, H2H scenarios are not compatible with 7.1 (different OOBs?) so I don't think I can use the H2H version unless I download and install the whole thing.

If I can't get ahold of the 7.1 version, I'd definitely be interested in the H2H version, Jess.

(in reply to IBTyrone)
Post #: 3
- 7/29/2003 10:51:56 AM   
Wild Bill

Hey IBT!

The H2H is a good version of SPWAW and is designed for PBEM or head to head, 2 player type situations. It compensates for some lacks in the AI.

For those who prefer playing a human opponent. it is a good system. It is not imperative that you have it to enjoy the game as it is.

If you are one who often plays alone against the computer the current version and especially the new 8.0 version soon to come out will be enough for you.

As for my Airborne series, it was done in a much earlier version of SPWAW and needs to be updated to the present versions.

I could send it to you, but let me get it updated first so it will be more enjoyable.

There are some good things coming out soon, very soon to celebrate version 8.0

They include a series of 10 battles based on Italian involvement in World War ii. It is a theme that has long needed developing and now a fine team of our Italian brethren and yours truly have put together some good insight into that part of the conflict.

Also coming out is the "Green Steel" package, 10 scenarios based on the use of Marine armor in World War II. They include Guadalcanal, Betio (Tarawa), Saipan, Peleliu, New Georgia, Iwo Jima and Okinawa.

Both of these series are done in the upcoming 8.0 version of SPWAW and will include many new map graphics amd featires/

As soon as version 8.0 is released, we will offer these to the public. They are ready and waiting.

And, of course, there is the new Mega Campaign well on the way.
So there is much to look forward to in SPWAW. The old girl is alive and well.

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to IBTyrone)
Post #: 4
Re: Band of Brothers yet again? - 7/29/2003 2:38:57 PM   
Resisti

[QUOTE]Originally posted by IBTyrone
[B]Hey all.

I've recently trolled through all the threads on this site downloading all the scenarios I could find as attachments. Many of the sites I attempted to go to as hyperlinks ([url]www.militarygamer.com[/url] in particular) to download scenarios did not work. However, I was able to get to the Raiders site for the first time today and Tankhead's site has worked like a charm all along.

Anyways, the reason for my trolling was that I got to watch Band of Brothers on DVD recently (not that I had the time to spare, but I did it anyways) and now would like to play some scenarios or campaigns based on the series. However, I can't find any of the scenarios listed in the forums other than Band of Brothers 1 which I've already downloaded.

I would like to get my hands on Wild Bill's "Airborne Action" scenario pack listed awhile back as well (Bryan Malvin's Merderet Minicampaign would be great too).

If you could point me in a direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi IBTyrone.

The Arsenal and Raiders HQ sites have been very recently moved to Wargamer servers and an automatic readdressing feature has to be implemented yet.
You can access them from here:
http://www.wargamer.com/hosted/Steelpanthers/index.asp
http://www.wargamer.com/hosted/raiders/

If you want to download the Merderet Campaign, it is on our site; just click here:
http://www.wargamer.com/hosted/steelpanthers/spwawarsenal.asp#campaigns

As for BoB, John "Redleg" Rank made an excellent serie of few little scenarios on it, time ago.
I don't have it handy, but I can send it tonight from home: post your mail address here.
Unless someone else has it, and post it before.

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to IBTyrone)
Post #: 5
- 7/29/2003 10:03:11 PM   
IBTyrone

Thanks for the response, Wild Bill.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wild Bill
[B]Hey IBT!

The H2H is a good version of SPWAW and is designed for PBEM or head to head, 2 player type situations. It compensates for some lacks in the AI.

For those who prefer playing a human opponent. it is a good system. It is not imperative that you have it to enjoy the game as it is.

If you are one who often plays alone against the computer the current version and especially the new 8.0 version soon to come out will be enough for you.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, I fall into the latter group so it seems that 8.0 is something I should be looking forward to. If you don't mind my asking, how will it affect my modifications to 7.1? I've tweaked a few OOBs and downloaded multiple scenarios into the scenario directory. Will 8.0 just copy the files into the 7.1 directory structure without my having to manually move and edit everything again? I realize the OOBs will probably be overwritten, but what about the scenarios? Will I have to copy them to a new directory and rename them again?

[QUOTE][B]
As for my Airborne series, it was done in a much earlier version of SPWAW and needs to be updated to the present versions.

I could send it to you, but let me get it updated first so it will be more enjoyable.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Quite frankly, I'm just a small fish in a big pond, so I probably would not know the difference. I don't want to trouble you. I can tell that you are a busy man. I'll take whatever you can send me in whatever version you have. If it doesn't work--I can deal with it.

[QUOTE][B]

There are some good things coming out soon, very soon to celebrate version 8.0

They include a series of 10 battles based on Italian involvement in World War ii. It is a theme that has long needed developing and now a fine team of our Italian brethren and yours truly have put together some good insight into that part of the conflict.

[/B][/QUOTE]

That sounds great! I was shanghaied by a friend of mine into playing a pseudo-PBEM hosted in Yahoo groups covering WWII.[http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WWII-whatif/]
My friend and I and a fellow from Spain are roleplaying the Italians, so I've been interested in getting ahold of any scenarios that involve the Italians so I can become more familiar with their weapons and we might be able to use them to resolve combat although we are still only in 1939.

I actually downloaded a slew of scenarios from an Italian site [http://digilander.libero.it/avantisavoiait/Scenari%20SPWaW.htm]
but the descriptions are all written in Italian. I haven't played them yet, but have them stashed in a directory ready to go whenever I can get around to them.

[QUOTE][B]

Also coming out is the "Green Steel" package, 10 scenarios based on the use of Marine armor in World War II. They include Guadalcanal, Betio (Tarawa), Saipan, Peleliu, New Georgia, Iwo Jima and Okinawa.

Both of these series are done in the upcoming 8.0 version of SPWAW and will include many new map graphics amd featires/

As soon as version 8.0 is released, we will offer these to the public. They are ready and waiting.

And, of course, there is the new Mega Campaign well on the way.
So there is much to look forward to in SPWAW. The old girl is alive and well.

Wild Bill [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks again, Wild Bill. I look forward to 8.0 and if you can find time to shoot me that airborne pack that would be great.

My email is:
[email]tyronevance@yahoo.com[/email]

(in reply to IBTyrone)
Post #: 6
Re: Re: Band of Brothers yet again? - 7/29/2003 10:23:26 PM   
IBTyrone

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Resisti
[B]Hi IBTyrone.

The Arsenal and Raiders HQ sites have been very recently moved to Wargamer servers and an automatic readdressing feature has to be implemented yet.
You can access them from here:
http://www.wargamer.com/hosted/Steelpanthers/index.asp
http://www.wargamer.com/hosted/raiders/

Thanks resisti. I visited both sites and downloaded a slew of sites off of the Arsenal (the first one) but had trouble downloading off the the Raiders site, in particular:
http://www.wargamer.com/hosted/raiders/scenarios/scenarios.asp
When I click to download the Harper's folly scenario it tells me an error occured. When I try to download any other scenario (including the munda campaign) it gives me a different error: page not found.

I don't think it is anything on my end, but it could be.

quote:

If you want to download the Merderet Campaign, it is on our site; just click here:
http://www.wargamer.com/hosted/steelpanthers/spwawarsenal.asp#campaigns

As for BoB, John "Redleg" Rank made an excellent serie of few little scenarios on it, time ago.
I don't have it handy, but I can send it tonight from home: post your mail address here.
Unless someone else has it, and post it before. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the url resisti. I downloaded the Merderet campaign. I look forward to playing it. I read that redleg (and m4 jess?) had written some scenarios on it, but have not been able to track them down despite my best sleuthing. I still have not gotten ahold of BoB and sure would like to. The address you can email it to is: [email]tyronevance@yahoo.com[/email].

Thanks again for your help.

(in reply to IBTyrone)
Post #: 7
Re: Re: Re: Band of Brothers yet again? - 7/29/2003 10:46:13 PM   
Resisti

[QUOTE]Originally posted by IBTyrone
[B]but had trouble downloading off the the Raiders site, in particular:
http://www.wargamer.com/hosted/raiders/scenarios/scenarios.asp
When I click to download the Harper's folly scenario it tells me an error occured. When I try to download any other scenario (including the munda campaign) it gives me a different error: page not found.

I don't think it is anything on my end, but it could be.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi again.
I’ll notify the Webmaster about the problems you encountered.

Then, when back home, I’ll send you the BoB series.

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to IBTyrone)
Post #: 8
Re: Re: Re: Re: Band of Brothers yet again? - 7/29/2003 11:23:42 PM   
IBTyrone

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Resisti
[B]Hi again.
I’ll notify the Webmaster about the problems you encountered.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks Resisti. I don't know if you or anyone else is having the same problem, but I double checked it and it still happening in IE or in Netscape.

If it helps, here's a sample of the problem I had. You might want to copy and paste it to the tech support folks.

When I tried to download the Munda campaign I went to the url:

http://www.militarygameronline.com/raiders/campaigns/CAMP-Flesh%20and%20SteelSPWAW.zip

And got the response:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

[QUOTE][B]
Then, when back home, I’ll send you the BoB series. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'll be looking for it. I appreciate your help.

(in reply to IBTyrone)
Post #: 9
- 7/30/2003 12:11:12 AM   
Wild Bill

The Airborne is actually a campaign. Do you know how to load a campaign into SPWAW?

Its a simple process. Just unzip the file and deposit all the files into the Campaigns folder.

I'm sending them now. They go into slot 20...Enjoy

WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to IBTyrone)
Post #: 10
- 7/30/2003 12:25:00 AM   
IBTyrone

[B]The Airborne is actually a campaign. Do you know how to load a campaign into SPWAW?

Its a simple process. Just unzip the file and deposit all the files into the Campaigns folder.

I'm sending them now. They go into slot 20...Enjoy

WB [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks, Wild Bill. I got the file and downloaded it.

I haven't loaded a campaign yet, although I'm somewhat familiar with the directory structure as I went into the campaign editor before I knew what I was doing and accidently deleted the first scenario of your campaign "From Utah to the Rhine." I had SPWAW installed on another machine and copied over the files I needed to fix it. All that to say--I should be able to figure it out.

Thanks again for the file.

Jeff

(in reply to IBTyrone)
Post #: 11
- 7/30/2003 1:16:23 AM   
Wild Bill

Always zip up all campaigns and save them in a zip file. Just make a folder inside your Campaigns folder, call it "Zip" and you'll always have them.

I can send you turn one if you need it for U2R. Let me know, Jeff.

WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to IBTyrone)
Post #: 12
- 7/30/2003 1:53:33 AM   
IBTyrone

[B]Always zip up all campaigns and save them in a zip file. Just make a folder inside your Campaigns folder, call it "Zip" and you'll always have them.

I can send you turn one if you need it for U2R. Let me know, Jeff.

WB [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion, Bill. Actually, I have been doing the opposite--I've been downloading scenarios, uncompressing them, saving them to individuals folders, archiving the zips, and then burning them to CD.

I got the Utah to the Rhine campaign fixed, I believe, as I am a few turns into Utah Beach, but that is all the farther I've gotten at the moment.

Thanks again for the help.

(in reply to IBTyrone)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Band of Brothers yet again? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI