Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Music

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Music Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Music - 6/27/2001 10:58:00 PM   
toundra

What music are you listening while playing? With USMC/US i always Rename my tanks and i listen the "Andrew Sisters" that way i am unstoppable. =)

Post #: 1
- 6/27/2001 11:27:00 PM   
Wild Bill

This music was composed by Derek Boain and is our own creation ... or his own creation. He is a very talented young man! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 2
- 6/28/2001 2:46:00 AM   
sven

quote:

Originally posted by toundra: What music are you listening while playing? With USMC/US i always Rename my tanks and i listen the "Andrew Sisters" that way i am unstoppable. =)
I listen to Nitzer Ebb, Ministry, My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, Glenn Miller, or Patsy Cline. Nothing ever compares with doing a good mech assault listening to Wagner though. I love listening to the complete Tristam and Isolde collection whilst playing. regards, sven

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 3
- 6/28/2001 2:59:00 AM   
Marder_MatrixForum

´Sometimes when i listen techno (Paul oakenfold)! I think i am the unusual spwaw player, i´m 24 years old, student, love techno, house, and garth brooks, too and my favorite is elvis! But while i finish off my enemy i prefer to listen nothing, affects my concentration! And i´m not a support units slaughter guy! Marder PS. Will Bill, i have made a scen, and i would be proud if you would just have look fast look at it! so if you´ve the time, read every scen making in the forum, so....

"klotzen nicht kleckern"
(H.Guderian)

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 4
- 6/28/2001 3:12:00 AM   
pops

Yes I love the music by Derek Boain I only wish it would continue throught the game sometimes.....btw I love classical, old sing song jazz and most styles really....my all time favorite band is the Grateful Dead.....they kept me travelling around the States throughout the '80s and '90s.....I miss that!

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 5
- 6/28/2001 3:54:00 AM   
Mark Ezra

SPWAW is the only game I keep the music on. Derek's work is rich, full flavored and runs a gammet of emotions from martial to blue. I get excited when a new edition of SPWAW gets released for the music alone.

All Hail Marx and Lennon

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 6
- 6/28/2001 4:52:00 AM   
sven

quote:

Originally posted by Mark Ezra: SPWAW is the only game I keep the music on. Derek's work is rich, full flavored and runs a gammet of emotions from martial to blue. I get excited when a new edition of SPWAW gets released for the music alone.
The soundtrack IS wonderful. My wife does not like my choice of volume at 2am though. :) I usually listen to music in my headphones when necessity dictates the PC be in 'stealth' mode. regards, sven

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 7
- 6/28/2001 6:26:00 AM   
pops

Are you saying that the music continues during game play? It doesn't for me and as I have said I love the music.........hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm???

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 8
- 6/28/2001 11:05:00 AM   
Mike Mnich

My Question too, I can't get music during game play. Is that possible? Thanks, Mike

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 9
- 6/29/2001 12:11:00 AM   
KG Erwin

Guys, I think all you have to do is set "soundtrack on" in the preferences screen.

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 10
- 6/29/2001 2:31:00 AM   
Mike Mnich

Dear Guys, Music is on in Preferences, but it does not play during game play, only in index and other screens. What is wrong? Mike

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 11
- 6/29/2001 3:54:00 AM   
Charles2222

From my piddling with it a little bit, i found that the music doesn't seem to play, during the game, if you have one or both of those other sounds options on. The top option on that right column (terrain effects was it?) will shut off if the music is played, and vice-versa.

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 12
- 6/29/2001 5:06:00 AM   
KG Erwin

I just read the pertinent section in the manual, and the program is not designed to play music during game play. Besides, with the terrain/weather/battle sounds all switched on, there's plenty to listen to. However, you can try running your Windows Media Player or Real Player while playing the game, and listening to whatever you want. Put the soundtrack music on a playlist, and there you go. Let me try this out, and I'll get back to you.

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 13
- 6/29/2001 5:19:00 AM   
Mark Ezra

Music Doesn't play during the game but does play in the editor and battle blding scen. I spend a fair amount of time in the editor....sorry if I confused you..Hey..what's this? A package!? Wow...I just got the MC/CD...Now isn't this turning out to be a great day!

All Hail Marx and Lennon

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 14
- 6/29/2001 5:45:00 AM   
KG Erwin

Well, I just tested running Windows Media Player, put on the "Panzerlied" MP3, and then started SPWaW. You can turn the soundtrack preference to "off", and then start a scenario. Voila! I can listen to that famous German marching song, or whatever else (Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" and Stuka sirens, what a combo!), and let the panzers roll. It's pretty cool. However, my system has 128MB of RAM, so that helps.

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 15
- 6/29/2001 7:14:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by Charles_22: From my piddling with it a little bit, i found that the music doesn't seem to play, during the game, if you have one or both of those other sounds options on. The top option on that right column (terrain effects was it?) will shut off if the music is played, and vice-versa.
Terrain effects gives away your position anyway!! you move thru a stream, and the other guy hears the water sounds, at least in online play

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 16
- 6/29/2001 7:16:00 AM   
Alby

quote:

Originally posted by toundra: What music are you listening while playing? =)
"ONE" by Metallica :D

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 17
- 6/29/2001 12:17:00 PM   
Slayer

I listen to a good variety of heavy metal and death metal while playing most games. I have a small stereo set up behind me. Kinda makes me wonder if I spend too much time in this room...

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 18
- 6/29/2001 2:34:00 PM   
skukko

weird :eek: :Silence is my pal most of the time in the game, you know all Off...but if I want music as sometimes happens it 'Starship Troopers'-soundtrack. It fits in this game as good as originals with the game. Good job with music ;) (If I'll play AlienVersusPredator I'll stay with that music or then put 'Suicidal Tendencies' on and start to die :D LOL ) mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 19
- 6/29/2001 9:41:00 PM   
Charles2222

From what i found the sooundtrack DOES play during the player turn if one or both of the other sound options are off. I'm not sure if it will play during AI turn though; I imagine so since the other sound effects will.

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 20
- 7/2/2001 9:51:00 AM   
KG Erwin

Well, I've found that if you gotta hear Derek Boain's music during game play, the best way to hear them is to d/l the MP3 files and put them in your media player of choice. I got 'em, and they sound like a movie soundtrack. Thank you for your creativity and sensitivity, Derek. If you're not on this forum, then please join in. I want to ask you about your inspirations for the music. I hear a little Private Ryan, a little Gettysburg, and a lot of just you. It's fascinating material. He's freelance, right? Or is he a permanent member of the Matrix team? I'd like to know.

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 21
- 7/2/2001 11:02:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Permanent, KG! As permanent as anything in life can be. He is a musical artist. I'll nudge him over this way so he can read this. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 22
- 7/2/2001 3:54:00 PM   
Uriel238

"I got 'em, and they sound like a movie soundtrack. Thank you for your creativity and sensitivity, Derek...." "...Derek's work is rich, full flavored and runs a gammet of emotions from martial to blue..." Thank you, folks. I appreciate your kind words. Hans Zimmer (Crimson Tide, The Thin Red Line, Pearl Harbor) is my current favorite source of inspiration, though I also barrow a lot from Danny Elfman, Basil Poledoris and John Williams. Classical sources for inspiration martial include Wagner (of course), Moussorgsky, Tchaikovsky, Beethoven and Chopin. Yes, I borrowed a bit from *Saving Private Ryan* though *Red October* and *Crimson Tide* are more along my preferred listening material. Incidentally, there've been some minor glitches with the MegaCampaign music in the current Desert Fox release, and I'll try to work with David to get the right pieces to you guys. The megacampaign theme, for example, uses segments of the *Heila Safari!* theme. That's because it was originally supposed to be the Desert Fox theme, where you now hear the Afrika Korps march, and the .mp3 version in the music directory is an rough and unfinished version. And yes, I plan on continuing work with Matrix for the forseeable future. I'm working presently on Operation: Typhoon and Mega Campaign 2 (also on the East Front) and will be starting on Uncommon Valor soon. Derek.

(in reply to toundra)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Music Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI