Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Road construction, again

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Road construction, again Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Road construction, again - 6/7/2020 5:23:32 PM   
Beorn

So I have available 416 industrial points.

I highlight a hex with an existing road two hexes from SHQ.

I click construct road. I choose "Dirt Road 20 IP per hex."

I extend north one hex and see a message in salmon pink in the lower right "Dirt Road Construction Mode Cost 320 Industrial Points." WHY? Shouldn't this be one hex at at 20?

I click on the hex one space north of existing road and get message: "Dirt Road Construction Mode: No connection to SHQ found." WHY?

I try clicking on the SHQ itself and try to build the road from there, overwriting the first two hexes and adding a third hex to the north. "Dirt Road Construction Mode: No connection to SHQ found." C'MON, GIMME A BREAK. THE SHQ HEX HAS NO CONNECTION TO THE SHQ???

Honestly, this is testing my patience to the breaking point.

< Message edited by Beorn -- 6/7/2020 5:24:00 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Road construction, again - 6/7/2020 5:31:53 PM   
Che12

Check the terrain. Flat mountains make it 320. 20 is just in plain field. And better don't ask how expensive a railway will be :-D

You always have to build from a existing road/city to somewhere else. If the city (SHQ) is not connected to the other road you have to start from the city.

< Message edited by Che12 -- 6/7/2020 5:33:44 PM >

(in reply to Beorn)
Post #: 2
RE: Road construction, again - 6/7/2020 6:05:28 PM   
Beorn

quote:

Check the terrain. Flat mountains make it 320. 20 is just in plain field. And better don't ask how expensive a railway will be :-D

Thanks. (Although this highlights a major weakness of the UI. If the number is not always 20, then it should not say that it is 20. It's the pileup of things like this that make the game so frustrating to newcomers.)

quote:

You always have to build from a existing road/city to somewhere else. If the city (SHQ) is not connected to the other road you have to start from the city.

But I am. First I started from a road hex two hexes from the SHQ. Then I tried starting from the SHQ. And since I did have the 320 cost, I see no possible reason for an error message about connecting to the SHQ. Unless I am missing your meaning here.

(in reply to Che12)
Post #: 3
RE: Road construction, again - 6/7/2020 6:07:29 PM   
Kamelpov

you should try a railroad in high mountain it cost 3k metal and ip for 1 hex

(in reply to Beorn)
Post #: 4
RE: Road construction, again - 6/7/2020 6:12:02 PM   
Beorn

quote:

you should try a railroad in high mountain it cost 3k metal and ip for 1 hex

Maybe after playing a while, I might think the costs are too high, but at the moment, it's clarity I am looking for. :)

(in reply to Kamelpov)
Post #: 5
RE: Road construction, again - 6/7/2020 6:13:26 PM   
Che12

If it is all connected then maybe you should report it as a possible bug. As i had the mountain issue myself i just thought the road you where starting from would maybe one from a not connected hex (newly conquered or so), then it would not have been inevitable connected to the city.

Some other guess: you cannot build in the same turn you conquered the hex. And you are using right-click to build, right?

(in reply to Beorn)
Post #: 6
RE: Road construction, again - 6/7/2020 6:44:08 PM   
Kamelpov

it's quite cheap 3k in mid late game you have like 3 or 4 factory level 4

(in reply to Beorn)
Post #: 7
RE: Road construction, again - 6/7/2020 7:09:22 PM   
Beorn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Che12
And you are using right-click to build, right?

Ha, that was the problem.

But why would it give me a message about no connection to SHQ?

I am finding it a pattern with this game that error messages are just wrong, and lead me away from relatively simple reasons things are not working.

(in reply to Che12)
Post #: 8
RE: Road construction, again - 6/7/2020 7:22:42 PM   
Che12

The message shows when you left-click the target hex (without right-click = without building anything). This is, because in this moment you abort your initial road building process. So it is no error-message. It is just the "new" information that you cannot start from building there as this click sets a new start point.

(in reply to Beorn)
Post #: 9
RE: Road construction, again - 6/7/2020 9:15:15 PM   
georgii2222

I've noticed that it says 'no connection to SHQ' no matter what the problem is. It tells me that when I don't have enough IP to construct, too. It was frustrating when I started.

(in reply to Beorn)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Road construction, again Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI