Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Governor orders screen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Governor orders screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Governor orders screen - 6/7/2020 10:35:01 PM   
Emx77

Obviously, this is very important screen but I have problems determining how to optimaly set sliders.

1. Worker salary. I get the concept. But how do I know what would be optimal range for salaries? I don’t want dissatisfied workers but, at the same time, I don’t want to throw away money when law of dimnishing returns kicks in. In manual (p. 148) there is following passage:

“Depending on the wealth of the Private Economy you might need to pay them [workers] a small salary in order to stay in your service. They don’t like it if they earn (much) less than they could earn in the Private economy.”

How do I know how much they could earn in Private economy? Where can I find this information?

2. Public budget. What is purpose of this budget? How do I know what approximate effects will have, let say, transfer of 10 credits in this budget? How can I tell if I am managing allocation of money to this budget appropriately?

3. Recruits sign-up bonus. Is this is related to troops morale? If so, how do I know what impact different amount of bonuses will have? Is it trail and error process or we are able to predict it somehow? For example, if I set this bouns to X, on average what change can I expect in motale or whatever else this bouns have impact on?

4. Colonist sign-up bonus Similar questions as above. What is expected change in colonist number if I set slider to X

5. Ideal worker total. What does this slider do?

6. Allow/disallow emergency food. What does these two options do? When is advisable to allow and when is advisable to disallow emergency food?

Governor orders screen

Post #: 1
RE: Governor orders screen - 6/7/2020 10:56:50 PM   
Jdane

1. If you click on the Population number when a zone is selected, you can see stats in the bottom left and one is the median salary in the private sector. This way you can assess how well your workers are paid in comparison.

2. Each round, the amount of credits you allocated this way is added to what the private sector put aside in order to finance new private assets (you can also see that when you click on the population number like I descirbed before by the way). Public budget investment adds up and you can see its total when you click on the item just right of the size of the city in the zone (in my current game it's « Regular Capital Zone », and the item is « Invest. Treasury » - full disclosure, it's 28 cr where I'm at).

3. No, it's what people are paid once to sign up as recruits. Think about it as an incentive to sign up. If you want to up the salary of your regular troops, which would increase their morale indeed, you'd have to call you secretary.

4. Same thing. The pool recruits and colonists come from are the general population. If they are perfectly happy, can find jobs in and are well paid by the private sector, people won't rush to become soldiers or settlers. One way you can encourage them to do so is to offer them a substantial bonus. Which amount it should be can only be known for sure by trial and error and depends on the zone's circumstances I guess.

Or say you're flush with cash and planning to expand the public sector in the future, you could use this slider to tell the governor to hire more workers, and then as soon as your public assets are built, you'd have workers ready to man them. Sometimes the governor can have trouble hiring enough workers because they're happy in the private sector, this way you can ensure to have some handy beforehand.

5. Limit the amount of workers your regime pays for. Imagine you're strapped for cash and can't afford to employ a huge amount of workers. Divide the amount of cash you can spare by the worker's salary and you know how many you can hire without your budget running deep red. Of course this means if you have too many public assets, you might not have enough workers to run them all at top efficiency. But it's one tool to prevent you from running your economy in the ground in my opinion. (One other being limiting assets of your choice to produce either 25, 50 or 75 % of what they could.) It works in parallel with the hiring policy : hire when needed, fire when needed?

6. You can pretty much allowing it by default. If the population (again, think of it as everyone who is not a public worker) has nothing to eat, you give them food from the regime's stockpile to prevent them from dying en masse. If they have enough, you give them nothing. If emergency food is disallowed, you run the risk of having your general population running hungry if for some reason the private assets producing food stop doing so (say, if you nationalize them, or you just conquered a raider city that has no food producing asset, or private food comes from an agricultural dome outside of the city that has just been conquered by an enemy.)

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/7/2020 11:03:06 PM >

(in reply to Emx77)
Post #: 2
RE: Governor orders screen - 6/7/2020 10:57:01 PM   
eddieballgame

It does appear as one is 'flying blind' per some/all of these slider adjustments.
Noting that the info after one has confirmed his/her settings may not have been as helpful as one wanted.
I guess, for now, experience has to be one's guide; much like as in real-life situations where there is not always a viable measuring device per how much is enough.
In the case of many politicians...too much is never enough as long as it protects their positions. :)

(in reply to Emx77)
Post #: 3
RE: Governor orders screen - 6/7/2020 11:04:10 PM   
Jdane

Lol.
There are certainly parallels to real life politics.

(in reply to eddieballgame)
Post #: 4
RE: Governor orders screen - 6/8/2020 7:35:03 AM   
Kamelpov

Personally i set the recruitment to 1000-1500 at war and 0 sign up bonus just my good word score and happy population. I take only real volunteers. The public pay is 5 Cr may be equal or +1 to private sector if higher

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Governor orders screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI