Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to verify that linear tech is helping?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> How to verify that linear tech is helping? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to verify that linear tech is helping? - 6/21/2020 4:40:54 PM   
Grotius

I have (partially) researched five linear techs (Mining efficiency, fuel efficiency, cross-fertilization, personal armor optimization, education methods), but I can't find any evidence that any of them are actually helping me. For example, when I click on my universities, I don't see in the log any indication that I got bonus education points. Same for farms and cross-fertilization. I don't know where I'd look to check on whether personal armor optimization or fuel efficiency are working.

I'm reluctant to report any of this as a bug, though. My Reports do tell me that I've researched these things and am enjoying their benefits. So maybe the game just isn't displaying the benefits anywhere? How can I verify that they're working? Thanks.

Post #: 1
RE: How to verify that linear tech is helping? - 6/21/2020 5:07:07 PM   
Jdane

I have yet to reach this stage of development, but wouldn't there be by any chance data about this when inspecting the asset log?
(Click on the Asset's picture then look at the log on the right hand side. Maybe there's a line such as « +X% due to mining efficiency tech level »?
It's just my guess, but I assume if this information is visible somewhere, it could be there.)

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 2
RE: How to verify that linear tech is helping? - 6/21/2020 5:18:23 PM   
Falke

The Techs are working, but the effect is not shown in the log. Compare actual output to that you calculate from the log, the difference is from the tech

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 3
RE: How to verify that linear tech is helping? - 6/21/2020 5:19:05 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

For linear techs that affect units like Personal Armor Optimization, there will be a line mentioned in the design log for units that are affected. That one only applies to new models.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 4
RE: How to verify that linear tech is helping? - 6/21/2020 5:39:53 PM   
Grotius

Thanks for the info on logs and personal armor.

For education, I now see that my private schools are enjoying my 46% bonus from "education techniques," but my public universities are not. The tooltip for the tech mentions universities, but I think only schools are benefiting. Maybe the tooltip is wrong? If so I'll report it as a bug.

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 5
RE: How to verify that linear tech is helping? - 6/21/2020 10:41:14 PM   
Justus2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Soar_Slitherine

For linear techs that affect units like Personal Armor Optimization, there will be a line mentioned in the design log for units that are affected. That one only applies to new models.

This also means it only applies when you incorporate it into a new design. ie if you have Soldier III, and research 50% Personal Armor optimization, the Soldier III models wont benefit from it, but when you design Soldier IV, the current optimization will get incorporated into the design log for that model and any future ones.

Playing/Learning Shadow Empire

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 6
RE: How to verify that linear tech is helping? - 6/21/2020 10:53:35 PM   
OldSarge

For models, you can go into Management -> Models -> Tech and you'll see these as applied to models.

Attachment (1)

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5

(in reply to Justus2)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> How to verify that linear tech is helping? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI