Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Raising Credits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Raising Credits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Raising Credits - 6/25/2020 12:59:32 PM   
actrade

Maybe I missed it in the manual, but other than selling excess materials and increasing taxes, what's the best way to raise credits? I'm not seeing a structure I can construct that will help in that regard? I also have been incorporating conquered towns once their happiness rises enough so I'm aware of that way. Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Raising Credits - 6/25/2020 1:24:09 PM   
Leslac

Sales tax on your own ppl and tarrifs on both minors and majors can bring in A LOT of money. The only building I've yet met that makes money for you was a black market special event hex that netted me 100 creds per turn.

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 2
RE: Raising Credits - 6/25/2020 3:08:42 PM   
Jdane

Manually trading resources one has in excess (particularly rare earth metals early game) can help a lot too.

(in reply to Leslac)
Post #: 3
RE: Raising Credits - 6/25/2020 3:51:40 PM   
Destragon

Reduce salaries of your workers in your zone by talking to a governor and of your leaders by talking to your secretary.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 4
RE: Raising Credits - 6/25/2020 4:04:25 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

In my very limited experience:

early on, your 1st priority is to nationalize the recycling facility (costs 500); then you will get a steady flow of rare metals, which in turn will give you a nice profit

It won't hurt to prioritize expanding it to level 2/ 3 for more rares

once you have steady flow of rares ,you won't have any issue with money

< Message edited by Jorge_Stanbury -- 6/25/2020 4:13:42 PM >

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 5
RE: Raising Credits - 6/25/2020 4:17:15 PM   
Tomn

So the thing is, taxes don't just appear out of thin air in this game. Taxes are in fact actual taxes on economic activity, and so are tariffs - your non-worker population has a whole private economy set up, buying and selling resources and making money through their own buildings that they construct with their own income and your taxes siphon a percentage of that into your treasury. So no, you can't DIRECTLY build anything to raise your credit income, but what you can do is nuture your private economy and give it what it needs to grow - ensure a large enough population to work whatever jobs the private economy makes, conquer new cities to provide more economic centers, invest in the public budget (which directly transfers cash from your treasury into the local private economy - handy when setting up new colonies or conquering a badly developed new city), run down the commerce profile line, play private investment cards to create a boost of capital, playing cards like zoos and commercial assets that produce new private assets - it all adds up.

And then you raise taxes and laugh.

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 6
RE: Raising Credits - 6/25/2020 4:43:26 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: actrade

Maybe I missed it in the manual, but other than selling excess materials and increasing taxes, what's the best way to raise credits? I'm not seeing a structure I can construct that will help in that regard? I also have been incorporating conquered towns once their happiness rises enough so I'm aware of that way. Thanks in advance.

It is taxes, selling excess and not paying your workers too much (they are the biggst credit drain).
Generally I go for Sales tax 25% (1 Step) and Income Tax 50% (2 or 3 steps?)

With carefull management I can keep the Private Eco Salary low, allowing me to get along with 4 miliCredits for Workers.

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 7
RE: Raising Credits - 6/25/2020 5:26:16 PM   
Zyphtan

If you remove sign-up bonus you can save a chunk too. Getting the interior council is great too you can increase some of your taxes and make alot of money. I usually go with the council when I need more money.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 8
RE: Raising Credits - 6/25/2020 10:51:48 PM   
Lovenought

The Enforcement profile give you a Strategem called "Efficiency Drive". I can give you like 2-3,000 credits at a time if you roll well.

(in reply to Zyphtan)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Raising Credits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI