Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for new opponent to take over the Japanese side (CLOSED)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for new opponent to take over the Japanese side (CLOSED) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for new opponent to take over the Japanese side... - 7/10/2020 4:03:13 PM   
Leandros

When I started this PBEM/thread (see below) my intention was to run it till August 7th 1942 (game-time…😊..) to compare with the Pacific situation on this RL date – the day of the first landings on Guadalcanal. Those interested in why this comparison I refer to my introductory comments on the thread.

The game is now in mid-August 1942 and my present opponent has confirmed that he shall keep on till end of July (real time) so August 1st would be a nice x-over. He has promised to aid in an eventual transfer to the new Japanese player. He is my third opponent in this game.

My reasons for wanting to go on are mixed. First, I find it interesting and entertaining, I am retired and have spare time to do it. This is my first PBEM and it proved to be quite different from playing the AI - much more demanding. As important is it that I have achieved much of what I wanted (to test) in the game (please read the introductory notes on this) but, as the game goes, it shall perhaps not benefit fully (depending on my new opponent) from these results until sometime into Spring ’43.

Those interested, please PM me and I can brief you further and eventually put you in contact with my present opponent for a smooth transition and some inputs from him. I think I can promise you an interesting game.

I shall continue to run the “Brisbane Evening Star” with issues per each fifth-tenth game day (delayed approx. 7-10 days) and my opponent is invited to contribute with Japanese comments which can be injected as news or comments from sources in Japan, or post his own comments. This, however, is no condition on my side, even if it would be fun and perhaps add to the entertainment value – which was part of the intention with this game.

I am a retired Norwegian spending much time in Sweden. Two-three turns (or quicker) per player per week is fine with me.

Fred

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4489704

< Message edited by Leandros -- 7/12/2020 12:39:34 PM >

River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D34QCWQ/?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref=series_rw_dp_labf
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for new opponent to take over the Japanese side (CLOSED) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI