Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Crimefighting

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Crimefighting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Crimefighting - 7/6/2020 3:19:15 PM   
Kriegsspieler

I've been spending my time since 1.04 was published just messing around in the early game (i.e., playing fewer than 30 or so turns), trying different profile combinations and build strategies for their effects on BP, IP, and things of that sort.

Today for the first time ever, the criminal underworld decided to intrude on my happy little existence, and I was wondering what people tend to do to keep them in check. I suppose the answer depends in part on my existing profile and the expertise of my interior council director, which isn't so high right now. But I was wondering more generally what approaches people have used. I tried playing the "Crackdown on Crime" strategem and got my butt kicked -- several times, in fact, because I backed out the game and reloaded to see what possible effects it had. Every time I took more losses than the criminals did.

Does anyone know how I can activate Elliot Ness? Or should accept the criminal presence?
Post #: 1
RE: Crimefighting - 7/6/2020 5:42:39 PM   
zgrssd

For starters, play on the current Beta. Because some things were seriously busted with the numbers in their events.

(in reply to Kriegsspieler)
Post #: 2
RE: Crimefighting - 7/6/2020 6:45:25 PM   
Kriegsspieler

I am playing on beta 3.
Unless by "current" you mean beta 4!

< Message edited by Kriegsspieler -- 7/6/2020 6:46:16 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Crimefighting - 7/6/2020 7:25:20 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kriegsspieler

I am playing on beta 3.
Unless by "current" you mean beta 4!

Is the savegame als from the current version? Events and Stratagems are mostly stored in the savegame, so some fixes never make it into your life game.

Post #: 4
RE: Crimefighting - 7/6/2020 7:27:01 PM   
Kriegsspieler

Yes, it was a new game in beta 3.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
RE: Crimefighting - 7/6/2020 10:07:15 PM   
Lovenought

they never emerge/re-emerge at all if you have Enforcement high, I think over 60?

If you're having trouble crushing them, bring in more men. Events like that actually count the number of units in a hex. Militia, replacements waiting in SHQ, and regulars. I was able to wipe mine from existence with two military operations.

Post #: 6
RE: Crimefighting - 7/6/2020 10:28:37 PM   
zgrssd

Wich profiles does supporting the crime syndicate have again?
I am hoping for something that is compatible with my profile goals. And hte cults thus far were anything but fitting.

(in reply to Lovenought)
Post #: 7
RE: Crimefighting - 7/7/2020 12:17:22 AM   
Kriegsspieler

I can't say for sure. After they had appeared I had 48 commerce and fairly low enforcement, maybe 33 or 34. But that's not unusual for me. I never start with high enforcement.
Unfortunately, I failed to note when the crime syndicate actually turned up. I know they weren't there at the beginning of my game.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 8
RE: Crimefighting - 7/7/2020 2:45:34 AM   
demiare

I'd easily crushed them in 1.04beta3 having ~60 commerce AND some militia troops in my capital using 2 or 3 times military force against them. Every time my leader make a successful roll, but I still lose some militia. After it crime syndicate gone for good as my other zones had near 100 population happiness and loyalty (seems it's protecting from them too).

Post #: 9
RE: Crimefighting - 7/7/2020 3:35:31 PM   
Kriegsspieler

That's helpful -- thanks!

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Crimefighting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI