Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.04] Diplomacy issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.04] Diplomacy issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.04] Diplomacy issues - 8/2/2020 12:37:43 PM   
WCG

I'm playing a diplomatic game, and loving it! Lots of fun! I've noticed some minor problems, so I thought I'd mention them here. Maybe you've already fixed these in the beta versions, but few people seem to play this game the way I do.

1) When it comes to major regimes, I've had two long-time friends. Going by the faction descriptions in the manual, I helped the Humanists ("open to any offer of friendship from your side") gain power in the Theocratic regime and pushed the Realpolitikers in the Republican regime. (The Corporatists were in charge - and still are, though just barely.)

I had no trouble making treaties with both regimes, right up until the final stratagem, "Victory Pact," where we ally in taking over the planet. The game simply won't let me offer that treaty to the Humanists (again, the guys who are supposedly "open to any offer of friendship from your side").

The game just says, "Regime does not have a Faction in power that supports such a pact." The Humanists won't support such a pact?

On the other hand, the Corporatists, people who are "not held back by any morals," according to the manual, were fine with it. Apparently, all of that work pushing the Realpolitikers was unnecessary. Now, this part is fine. Maybe either faction would work there? But I still can't offer this stratagem to the Humanists, which doesn't seem right.

2) Either way, I've got a mutual defense pact with both of these major regimes. Only one of them has gone all the way to accepting that Victory Pact, but I've got all of the other treaties with both.

When a third major regime declared war on me, though, neither of my allies even noticed. There's no indication that they're at war with my enemy, or that my enemy is at war with them.

I don't need their help, and they don't even border my enemy, but technically-speaking, shouldn't they at least indicate that they're honoring our mutual defense pacts?

3) This isn't a bug, since it hasn't happened yet. But I'm wondering what's going to happen now that my two allies share a common border.

Are they likely to declare war against each other, despite both of them having a mutual defense pact with me? If so, will it matter that I've got that Victory Pact agreement with one of them, but not the other? (I assume that if both had accepted that Victory Pact that they'd also be allied with each other, right? That's one of the reasons why I wanted to get them both to accept it.)

If one of them does declare war against the other, what happens with me? Anything at all? I can't even enter the territory of the nation I have a Victory Pact with, let alone the other one.

Personally, I'd prefer just to stay out of it. But that would work better if I'd been able to get a Victory Pact agreement with both of them (since then it really wouldn't matter to me which one gained territory from a war). But ideally, of course, I'd have that agreement with both of them and that would indicate that they were allied with each other now, too.

I'm just wondering how that works. Again, this part isn't a possible bug. I was just curious.

Meanwhile, I'm having a blast! Great game! And I appreciate being able to play a diplomatic game, since I like to role-play it (and I'm really not a wargamer, in general). In addition to these two majors, I've made friends with eight different minor regimes (and I've guaranteed a ninth that we don't even border).

Indeed, until this major regime attacked me just recently, I hadn't had a war against anyone (well, aside from slavers, mutants, marauders, rogue AI, and alien animals, at least). I need conflict in a game, but if people want to be friends with me, I'll be friends with them.

As long as I'm the one in charge, at least.

Post #: 1
RE: [1.04] Diplomacy issues - 8/4/2020 10:36:52 AM   
Vic

1. Thanks for spotting. Will be fixed next open-beta version.
2+3. Its on the to-do list. As these situations merit a closer look from me. Should be adressed in one of the upcoming open beta's.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to WCG)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.04] Diplomacy issues - 8/4/2020 12:31:58 PM   
WCG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

1. Thanks for spotting. Will be fixed next open-beta version.
2+3. Its on the to-do list. As these situations merit a closer look from me. Should be adressed in one of the upcoming open beta's.

Thank-you.

PS. Great game! I'm loving it!

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.04] Diplomacy issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI