Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Your groups on withdrawn British carriers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Your groups on withdrawn British carriers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Your groups on withdrawn British carriers - 8/22/2020 8:21:04 PM   
KPAX

Several of the British carriers will need to be withdrawn shortly. I have a few basic questions about the air groups on those carriers

1. Is there a reason not to off-load those groups off prior to a trying the carriers? I am thinking even if they are not put into harms way they are an excellent training unit for pilots.

2. If I do take them off and in 1944 when they return, the carriers, will they be without air groups on them?

3. If number two is yes can I simply just return the air groups back on to the carriers?

4. I know that your groups are resized over time. If I take them off will there be any detriment to the resizing of the air groups?

Since these carriers start with drawl in mid 1942 and do not return for nearly 2 years it seems a waste to not utilize those air groups while they are withdrawn.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

< Message edited by KPAX -- 8/22/2020 8:26:08 PM >

"War makes Heros on both sides." Hero (the movie)

Thanks !!

KPAX
Post #: 1
RE: Your groups on withdrawn British carriers - 8/22/2020 8:30:55 PM   
rustysi

I don't play the Allies, so I can't answer your questions.

Most do not have a problem with this AFAIK.

I will say that I would not do it, but that's just me and the game I would like to play.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to KPAX)
Post #: 2
RE: Your groups on withdrawn British carriers - 8/22/2020 9:14:36 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: KPAX

Several of the British carriers will need to be withdrawn shortly. I have a few basic questions about the air groups on those carriers

1. Is there a reason not to off-load those groups off prior to a trying the carriers? I am thinking even if they are not put into harms way they are an excellent training unit for pilots.

No reason, unless you want fewer air units available to you. Don't forget to check the Nationalities, at least one is from big Canada Land.

2. If I do take them off and in 1944 when they return, the carriers, will they be without air groups on them?

Unknown, the computer always gives up as soon as it can. But the answer is probably yes.

3. If number two is yes can I simply just return the air groups back on to the carriers?

Yes, or any other air unit with carrier capable aircraft. Or just leave them as targets with no air units.

4. I know that your groups are resized over time. If I take them off will there be any detriment to the resizing of the air groups?

Not that I know of. You can always make it smaller - if you really want it smaller.

Since these carriers start with drawl in mid 1942 and do not return for nearly 2 years it seems a waste to not utilize those air groups while they are withdrawn.

True. European and other worries don't really matter in this game.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to KPAX)
Post #: 3
RE: Your groups on withdrawn British carriers - 8/22/2020 9:16:24 PM   
Ambassador

quote:

ORIGINAL: KPAX

1. No, unless you agreed on a house rule preventing it, or decide to role play (against the AI) or deem it gamey (in a PBEM).
2. Yes.
3. Yes, or you may put others on them (even USN/USMC squadrons if you want).
4. I’m not sure, but I think only the eventual database-written resize is kept once a squadron is transferred to land (but I believe the code-based resize is back once the squadron is back on the ship). But I have never tinkered much with the Brit CVs beyond resizing the squadrons or adding another, so better have someone else confirm that.

(in reply to KPAX)
Post #: 4
RE: Your groups on withdrawn British carriers - 8/22/2020 9:27:50 PM   
RangerJoe

You can resize the British Naval squadrons on an American aircraft carrier. You can down size air units as well as up size them.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 5
RE: Your groups on withdrawn British carriers - 8/22/2020 11:57:52 PM   
KPAX

Thank you very much for all the wisdom.

"War makes Heros on both sides." Hero (the movie)

Thanks !!

KPAX

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Your groups on withdrawn British carriers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI